FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   Community, Collaboration, Status
(Moderator: REAS)
   Introductions
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  ...  16
   Author  Topic: Introductions  (Read 33418 times)
katya

Email
Re: Introductions
« Reply #150 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 12:22am »

Hi, my name is Katya Moorman and I'm currently a 2nd year in the MFA program in 2D design at Cranbrook.  I used to be a dancer and choreographer so I've always had a love of movement... I found out about processing at Ars Electronica.  I tried it out and quit in the fall.  As a flash freak I felt like I didn't need to learn something else.  But recently I've picked it up and it's been great so far. I'm actually UNDERSTANDING what I'm doing.  Before, I could make anything in flash by altering pre-existing code and I never thought I would totally understand it (i sucked in math) This I'm understanding from the ground up. By the way, I've been learning it by "taking" Casey Reas' class at UCLA by doing all the assignments etc.  A good way to learn!
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2004, 3:45am by katya »  
Allen

« Reply #151 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 3:41am »

Katya, I'm currently an undergrad at Wayne State. Nice to see a fellow Detroit person using Processing, and more importantly, discussing it.
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2004, 3:41am by Allen »  
BagerAkbay

« Reply #152 on: Feb 13th, 2004, 1:57pm »

Hi,

I'm Bager Akbay , from 'Communications Design & Multimedia' , Yildiz Technical University , Istanbul, Turkey.

processing is a great idea.
I realized that, when i tried to write my first code.
I don't know java much, but i've read the examples.
Changed some of them and got to a point easily.  
While you are designing a project with processing you feel like, it is designed for designers.. thank you very much..

You may check my first example,  
http://www.siyah.net/deney/2

bager akbay,

Mythmon

« Reply #153 on: Feb 15th, 2004, 4:17pm »

Hey, I'm Mythmon.
im here because java was to challenging to teach my self, but P5 was easier, so after i found it i tried it out.

Ive taken no programming classes, i have a little bit of knoledge of Flash actionscript, and extremly small knowledge of c++ and java.

taking a wild guess im the youngest one here (13) (unless someone wants to prove me wrong?) so im probaly not going to make the most intelligent comments, but ill try

paludez

Email
« Reply #154 on: Feb 18th, 2004, 2:10am »

Hi, my name is Alexandru Pop and I`m from Bucharest - Romania.
I graduated the university of Architecture last year so am an architect now.
As a hobby i was experimenting with ActionScript in Flash but the lack of speed made me look for another programming language. Here are my AS experiments : http://www.paludes.home.ro/paludez/POP%20experiments.htm

I`m here to learn.
Sorry for my bad english.

A good day to you,
Alexandru

der_rabe

343748541343748541 WWW
« Reply #155 on: Feb 19th, 2004, 10:27pm »

My name is Bernd and i study digital media in Bremen/Germany. Before that i studied Fine Arts and painted many images with my wonderful oil-colours. now i am just fascinated by digital images and painting with code.
i found processing on the "profile intermedia" here in Bremen some month ago. i am glad i found it, because it gives me this visual approach to programming.

Bernd Salewski
student of digital media
Hochschule Bremen
eki

« Reply #156 on: Feb 23rd, 2004, 2:22pm »

Hi,

I'm Miguel, I studied Fine Arts many(many!) years ago in Bilbao and really was into video installations/performances (wild stuff). Moved to London and taught my self Javascript(and HTML) and Flash/actionScript to have fun and make some money in the process. I'm now really getting into processing which is bringing back my (sadly lost) interest in art, I just bought a webCam and think is the best spent money ever.  
Thanks mates!
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2004, 1:53pm by eki »  
entropyswitch

WWW Email
« Reply #157 on: Mar 4th, 2004, 1:50am »

hi everybody!
my name is kenneth, www.entropyswitch.com, and i program in macromedia flash for fun.  i am a physiology student almost finished with college.  i am here because some of my favorite designers, robert hodgin and jared tarbell, use processing and it looks amazing.  so i like to make interactive web graphics and give out free source code, that seems to be the mentality here and now my download for the alpha release has just finished

www.entropyswitch.com
LE GOLVAN
Email
« Reply #158 on: Mar 19th, 2004, 4:36pm »

Hello Universe !

My name is Gaël LE GOLVAN.
I work in and for architecture.
I use 3DSMAX and make some good scripts with.This is
my last experience in programming
I started on a ZX81 in the 80ies with "Basic" language.
I'd like to be able to use "Proce55ing" in order to
distribute free small usefull 3d soft in my job
without paying a fortune to show a 3D object rotating.
"Proce55ing" seems to be very interesting in what I would like to do but The exemples provided with are  
a bit too much mathematic for me.Nevertheless I like
the principle.
Bye

cleoag

49574304957430 WWW
« Reply #159 on: Mar 25th, 2004, 10:12am »

My name Den Ivanov. I heard abour processing about year ago, but dont have time to learn it more. Week ago i look into it closely and completely fall in love.

My personal playground - http://www.cleoag.com

Nice too see lots of familiar peoples from Shockwave and Flash scene here!!! ^)

den ivanov | cleoag.com
fphunct

« Reply #160 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 3:42pm »

Hello.  My name is Jim Soliven.  I'm a programmer/network-analyst for Columbia University.  On my spare time, I like coding things that interest me.  Right now, P5 streamlines a lot of things for Java.  I would like touse P5 to further my interests in the art/computer-science world.

I'm here because I like to tinker with things and create new toys for myself.

Cheers!

marcello

WWW Email
« Reply #161 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 3:00pm »

Hi, my name is Marcello Falco and I'm a teacher of mathematics and physics in the Italian public school. I've just discovered "processing" and I find it awesome. I'm fairly familiar with programming languages like pascal and fortran, but I don't know nothing about the Object Oriented Programming. Lately I decided to start in learning java since I would like to program didactical applets about graphical physic simulations, nevertheless the difficulties of this new kind of language (new just for me obviously) gave me some problem. I think that P5 is the best solution for me.
I'm an admirer of the well know (I suppose) applet java "sodaconstructor" (www.sodaplay.com) and I've already programmed an equivalent non-interactive 3D version. I programmed it in fortran (VF 6.6) and the executable file (for windows) can be freely downloaded at the url:
http://www.sodaplaycentral.com/features/sw3d.php
I think that the first thing that I'll do is to reprogram it using the P5 environment.

Best Regards,
Marcello

Ride215

Ride215
« Reply #162 on: Apr 5th, 2004, 8:26pm »

Hello everyone,
So I doubt anyone will actually read this since it is at the end of the intro page but thats ok. I am a freshman at the University of Washington who is ecstatic about finding Proce55ing.(I love the L337 lettering) I recently started dabbling with Flash while taking my first Java class and found myself wishing that the Flash interface was all ActionScript based. I found the timeline mumbo-jumbo very confusing and very limiting. That's when Proce55ing came along. I really do believe this is the wave of the future. It reduces so many restrictions that are caused by graphical based programs. I look forward to experimenting with this stuff and am very excited to see what the future holds for this stuff.

mungbean

pixelfrenzy WWW
« Reply #163 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 2:26pm »

Hi.  I'm Chris Hand, a lecturer in Interactive Media Design at the University of Dundee in Scotland.

I've been meaning to get hold of proce55ing for several months, and now that I'm supposed to be doing some marking I have the perfect excuse to sit down with it for a couple of days.

I'm hoping we can find space and time in our curriculum so that our IMD undergraduates can play with it... at the moment they mainly use Max/MSP + Jitter, and Flash/ActionScript, plus basic Java.  

Proce55ing is a welcome dose of elegant simplicity amidst all the noise and nonsense out there.  Well done and good luck!

Chris

mflux

fluxhavoc WWW
« Reply #164 on: Apr 23rd, 2004, 1:18pm »

Ah, I guess I've never hopped onto this.

I'm Michael Chang, studying everything at UCLA Design | Media Arts. I took Casey's class in the winter and got hooked, so now I blame him for carpel tunnel. Just kidding.

I'm seriously studying 3d graphics/animation, and do programming and illustration as a distraction. Sometimes I get VERY distracted...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  ...  16

« Previous topic | Next topic »