FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   Community, Collaboration, Status
(Moderator: REAS)
   Introductions
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12  ...  16
   Author  Topic: Introductions  (Read 33419 times)
bren

WWW Email
Re: Introductions
« Reply #135 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 12:56am »

Hi,

Brendan Dawes, Creative Director for magneticNorth in Manchester, England. Spent the last few years experimenting with Flash. Now I've found this thing called processing which is absorbing my every waking moment with the possibilities, especially sound and video input.

chalu
Email
« Reply #136 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 7:45am »

typography

the seinnes

the han gang

you are fucked up........

chalu
Email
« Reply #137 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 7:47am »

or confused on the subject

enfant terrible corean

not so terrible

:: do you known what the sangam is in Bombay?

christian

« Reply #138 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 1:59pm »

christian schaefer. studying kommunikationsdesign
at bavaria; since about a year i am more and more
fascinated by the phenomenon of coding (even if i had
some bad fear about lerning it)and the amalgams
of new media synergies. working with director and  
never really understanding the syntax, i was really
happy then when a friend of mine (who is a programmer)
told me about this p5Thing. respect to casey and reas.
you really seem to care about the future

Master64

WWW Email
« Reply #139 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 8:15pm »

Hoi

I'am Master64

I found this site in www.kirupaforum.com and found Proce55ing hier.  
I know Flash Action Script very well but i know nothing about Java but i like to learn it.  
P55 is cool, I'am get the hang of it fast, its so like Flash AS

rotzpunk

« Reply #140 on: Nov 24th, 2003, 1:46pm »

Hi Friends,
My Name is Mirco. 24 year old punk from Germany. I did not study anything nor did I work with any of such programs. Therefore, I would be very happy to get some introduction from you guys. The examples are nice, bt it is hard to understand how it really works.
Cheers,
Mirco

adam

« Reply #141 on: Dec 2nd, 2003, 8:08pm »

hello,
my name is adam cheasley and i currently live in brighton, england. i am currently in my final year at university studying music and visual art. i became interested in Flash in the first year and from there have developed a love for electronic arts.
Proce55ing looks like a very good way to introduce myself into Java type programming so i came here to find out more.
looking forward to contributing to this forum.

Jim Flanagan

pipingdog WWW
« Reply #142 on: Dec 2nd, 2003, 10:40pm »

Hi. My name is Jim and I am completely addicted to Processing now. I've posted a couple of my first things to the exhibition. Hope that's okay.

Taka

WWW Email
« Reply #143 on: Dec 4th, 2003, 10:01pm »

Hi My name is Takayuki Fukatsu.
Now I'm in London and studying product design in University. I was studying computer but changed my course. I still love making interactive toys.

Proce55ing is quite brilliant!! I can do many thing that i couldnt do with flash.

by Taka
http://www.vas-animatum.net
dreq72

Email
« Reply #144 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 11:50am »

My name is Andre and I hope to learn how to program using P55. First this and then Flash and then Lingo and then to other languages. Cheers!!

goo.x
Email
« Reply #145 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 8:38pm »

Hi, My name is Guillaume LaBelle[aka goo.x]. I studied Architecture in Montréal [CANADA]. My master Thesis is about Generative Art and Architecture. I'm part of the NxiGestatio LAB at UQAM [Hexagram]. Our research activities are on Robotics and Artificial Life. My recents work are simulations with Cellular Automatas for an Artificial Cosmology [with Nicolas Reeves].

You could see a built project made with POV-Ray of a sculpture in a Montreal Metro's Station [ReVolutions].

I'm also member of the GRCAO Lab [UDM] working on a 3D geometry system based in SCHEME language [SGDL].

I'm programming scince I have 7 years Old. I started with an AppleIIe for playing golf with LOGO (as you put an acetate on the green screen and trying to drive the turtle in the hole). 20 years later, I'm happy to discover P55, simple and elegant as it was with LOGO.

gll

WWW Email
« Reply #146 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 8:54pm »

Hi, My name is Guillaume LaBelle[aka goo.x]. I studied Architecture in Montréal [CANADA]. My master Thesis is about Generative Art and Architecture. I'm part of the NxiGestatio LAB at UQAM [Hexagram]. Our research activities are on Robotics and Artificial Life. My recents work are simulations with Cellular Automatas for an Artificial Cosmology [with Nicolas Reeves].  

You could see a built project made with POV-Ray of a sculpture in a Montreal Metro's Station [ReVolutions].  

I'm also member of the GRCAO Lab [UDM] working on a 3D geometry system based in SCHEME language [SGDL].  

I'm programming scince I have 7 years Old. I started with an AppleIIe for playing golf with LOGO (as you put an acetate on the green screen and trying to drive the turtle in the hole). 20 years later, I'm happy to discover P55, simple and elegant as it was with LOGO.  

Here are the links:
[ReVolution] www.vif.com/users/goo/ReV/ReV00.htm [HEXAGRAM] www.hexagram.org
[SGDL] www.sgdl-sys.com
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2003, 10:12pm by gll »  

guillaume LaBelle
jkeirstead

« Reply #147 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 12:32pm »

My name is James Keirstead.  My interest in Processing is as a tool for my doctoral thesis.  Having done an undergrad in engineering, spent some hobby time on web design, music, and typography, I really like the combination of aesthetic and technical analysis that Processing offers.  

My doctorate is on the energy consumption behaviour of households with solar photovoltaic panels, so I'm looking to use processing  

a) as a means of organizing all the data that I have gathered in my research and  

b) to display my findings in an innovative way  

Can't wait to get started!

Jean-Jacques

« Reply #148 on: Jan 14th, 2004, 2:13pm »

Hello, i'm Jean-Jacques, i'm doing my postgrade studies at the University of Geneva. I study collaborative tools and knowledge management.
I also compose experimental music with max/msp and Pure Data.
Even if i have a lot to learn i do love coding and therefore i decided to start learning processing.

I'm here to share knowledge, to learn processing, to interact with nice people !

sometimes i blog there:
http://tecfa.unige.ch/perso/staf/duclaux/blog/

rvesse

« Reply #149 on: Feb 9th, 2004, 9:28pm »

Hi my name is Robert Vesse and I'm about to embark on a Computer Science degree in the autumn but until then I'll be playing with any and every programming language including the cool Proce55ing which lets me mess with graphics which is hard to do in a lot of other languages.

Take a look at my first efforts http://www.vdesign-studios.com/p5demos.asp?demoID=matrix_letters.jar& ;width=400&height=400

Also thanks to Laurie whose Cubefield.pde source formed the basis for one of my experimental pieces on my site and I'll have a credit for you on the site ASAP.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12  ...  16

« Previous topic | Next topic »