FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   Community, Collaboration, Status
(Moderator: REAS)
   Introductions
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11  ...  16
   Author  Topic: Introductions  (Read 33428 times)
Laurie

Re: Introductions
« Reply #120 on: Sep 22nd, 2003, 1:47am »

Hi,  

I enjoy graphics and coding for pleasure but seldom get the time to roll my sleeves up and have fun these days. Perhaps processing is about to change all that! What should I give up work or sleep?

Here's my first experiment: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/laurie.mcculloch/processing/cubefield/

You are on a collision course with a 3D starfield containing 250 semi-transparent cubes. Sit back and enjoy.

Laurie...

jobu

« Reply #121 on: Sep 25th, 2003, 3:57pm »

I applaud you for making it this far back in the introductions. My name is dj, but I go by 'jobu' for some strange reason. I am a professional developer using a number of technologies like SQL, cfml, ActionScript, C#, Java and so on... I am interested in... uh oh... here it comes... the 'practical applications' of Processing and data collection, user interaction, etc.

Fractal_Mike
Email
« Reply #122 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 7:38pm »

Hello,
My name is Michael Szell, I am a maths (in computer science) student from Austria and am very interested in fractals and chaos theory in general.
Graphic programming is not my main interest but I like it much and after seeing the smoke/fluid-simulations I think P5 has a lot of potential for creating chaotic structures.
And I am amazed of the simplicity of the code; that's really great work!

I found proce55ing through this page while searching for Java tutorials:
http://www.kevan.org/

Now I don't want to learn Java anymore, just P5!
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2003, 8:24pm by Fractal_Mike »  
simong

Email
« Reply #123 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 2:28am »

Hi, I'm Simon Greenwold, a recent graduate of ACG. I'm now teaching using Processing at Yale Architecture. Students have done some really nice work with it. Check us out: www.architecture.yale.edu/872a

samuel_wan

« Reply #124 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 8:51pm »

Name: Samuel Wan
Studies: HCI, U. Michigan School of Information

Processing looks like a lot of fun. The API offers less structure for someone coming from Movieclips and hierarchical timelines/coordinate-spaces, but I see the freedom as an opportunity, not a constraint Nice to see other open-minded explorers from the flash community already here.

-Sam

tijmentje

pixel arrays rock my world
« Reply #125 on: Sep 29th, 2003, 8:57pm »

My name is Tijmen Schep and I'm a Digital Media student in Holland. I'm currently doing my masters. I found proce55ing through flight404.  

I'm interested in gestural interfaces and other interactive spaces. Up until now I have explored the director webcam plug-in, but now i'm playing with processing for a bit. I just got it to work tonight after using this forum, so thanks everyone

JohnG

« Reply #126 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 6:13am »

Unsuprisingly, I'm John, and I'm here because I like making funky grphical programs that are of little more worth than their novelty value

I found proce55ing via http://kevan.org/proce55ing/zombies/ which led me to write my own version: http://www.hardcorepawn.com/zombie3  

I then started implementing some old simple automata I remembered: http://www.hardcorepawn.com/mite-1 and http://www.hardcorepawn.com/mite-2 and now I'm going on to make more and more funky thing which ar eprobbaly only of interest to me

KenC

« Reply #127 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 12:10pm »

Greetings. My name is Ken Crocker. I am a freelance graphic designer/editor. After getting interested in multimedia design, I taught myself introductory Java, but after finishing the textbook, I've been having a hard time finding the next step. I found this site from an article in "Print" magazine. So far, it looks exactly like what I'm looking for. I'm also looking for a golf partner...

paul

WWW Email
« Reply #128 on: Oct 5th, 2003, 2:28pm »

hi, my name is paul. i'm a multimedia student from germany. since i saw the first demos/intros on my amiga500 in the early 90s i'm impressed by the possibilities of code-generated art&design. (at that time i tried to generate gfx by using amigaBasic(yeah!) because of lack of coding-skills in a "real" programming language.)
i'm generally interested in all kinds of time-based media especially music, programmed visuals and bringing theese two things together...
i was realy glad to find processing and finally (almost more important) people who understand the charm that programmed visuals have. i'm fascinated to explore the possibilities of this new form of art and to see what other "researchers" find.  
my personal website is: www.low-res.de. where you could find some of my works.

david grant
Email
« Reply #129 on: Oct 7th, 2003, 4:53pm »

I'm David Grant, I am a programmer and artist at heart.  I'm looking to processing to let me express the art that gets neglected after all that corporate UML and cache engineering.

eternaluxe

« Reply #130 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 9:16pm »

Hello, my name is Patrick Cotner.  I'm here to learn a new development environment which will allow me to express my creativity in a new way.  I'm not much of an artist or designer, but dig the maths and the things you can do with them.  I really dont have anything to show for it yet, as everything always seems to be a work in progress.  This will change tho.

jluxvu

« Reply #131 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 6:04am »

Hi, my name is Josh Minor.  I'm a professional programmer in the computer animation industry.  Processing provides a nice outlet for my creative energy.  Thanks Ben and Casey!  I hope you enjoy these sketches: http://www.lux.vu

jimmyp

« Reply #132 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 1:35am »

Hi, all. My name's Jimmy Pontzer. I have a BFA in painting, and became a computer programmer somewhere along the way. I write software for the VA's Clinical Research group here in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and paint when I get home at night. Read about p5 and was floored. My wife is a poet and has been collaborating with a visual artist for a show next Spring. There will be a web element of the exhibition, and p5 will be there. The match is perfect. Thank you all for creating this, and I will do my best to help Processing's evolution.

onno de jong
Email
« Reply #133 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 11:22pm »

Doing my best to learn a little about programing, a difficult nut to crack for me, that that makes processing all that more important, right.

taking a course at Parsons School of Design that is using Processing.

Joe_G

« Reply #134 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 7:59pm »

My name is Joseph Gray, I work in the Industrial Manufacturing sector, but cannot escape my obsession with art.  I think it is becoming pathological.  Was hoping that surrounding myself by a big factory and business oriented people would break the addiction, but it has only made things worse.

Proce55ing will be another subset of this bizarre pathology from this day forward.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11  ...  16

« Previous topic | Next topic »