FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   Community, Collaboration, Status
(Moderator: REAS)
   Introductions
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  16
   Author  Topic: Introductions  (Read 33422 times)
bzor

WWW Email
Re: Introductions
« Reply #90 on: Jul 20th, 2003, 3:28am »

my name is kc, i'm currently director of technology at WDDG, a small shop in NY specializing in interactive and game design (mostly flash and gba). my background is in 3D and game design, and i'm an avid alife hobbyist.. hopefully i can contribute to the processing community

i_try

Email
« Reply #91 on: Jul 21st, 2003, 2:16pm »

HI,
My name is Daren Okafo and I work at the Coady International Institute. I studied non-formal education, and now I try and build light-weight distributed learning environments suitable for the global south. App development in flash with coldfusion (and lately, comm server) is my drug of choice. I had seen some 'Processing' applets at uncontrol, and more recently at Flight 404 (very beautiful), so needed to know more.  
I'm here because I'm always interested in projects that get people closer to machines, each other, free up the movement of various types of information,etc. And 2) because its looks like an extreme amount of fun

Ale_k

« Reply #92 on: Jul 22nd, 2003, 10:10am »

Hi,
my name is Alessandro Capozzo. I have a humanistic background with formal musicology studies ,  now I'm a free-lance multimedia designer and developer (lingo, actionscript, html, php, etc.), I work for new media agencies and for direct clients.  
Open projects: collaborations with some visual artists, www.ghostagency.net, a virtual agency for free-lances and artists, will be on line in October (with a Proce55ing section I hope ).

eviltwin

« Reply #93 on: Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:16pm »

Hello. I'm Andy from Preloaded in London. You know, the people that run Linkdup and do nice things.

klaut

« Reply #94 on: Jul 22nd, 2003, 7:51pm »

hi everybody!
i'm tanja from slovenia
i came here by accident (actually i read something about proce55sing somewhere wich lead me here)
i work with flash actionscript a lot and i'm starting to learning java ... i think that playing with proce55sing would be helpful and fun

scrap-pile

« Reply #95 on: Jul 23rd, 2003, 5:49am »

Hello, my name is Rich Merwarth. I'm formally educated as a graphic designer, and self-educated in what little programming I know. To this point my tool of choice has been ActionScript, though I get frustrated by its limitations from time to time.

some of my previous flash work is on www.scrap-pile.org, though this site has become a bit stagnant. i started building some new content after i began playing with the AS drawing api, then got sidetracked by P5...

i currently live and work in new york city.

heidi

Email
« Reply #96 on: Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:18pm »

Hello, my name is Heidi Cropp.
My formal training is in Research Psychology (from cognitive to existential), with 8 years of experience in designing and developing Internet sites and environments.  
Through my teaching activities over the last 3 years, I've connected deeply with many theoretical issues relevant to digital art, philosophy, culture, business (etc.etc.).

My present (pragmatic) focus is on info visualization and interface - particularly design methodologies and how to find 'higher-level' interface solutions. I'm interested in the impact the process of design has on user experience and perception on the one hand, and business/marketing/social/cultural concerns on the other.

I have a basic background in scripting (self-taught), and am using the proce55ing as a learning experience/experiment, which I hope to incorporate into my teaching, net-art projects and theoretical development.

Looking forward to the ride

javito

jburong Email
« Reply #97 on: Jul 24th, 2003, 3:59pm »

Hi my name is Javier Buron from spain, I'm a architecture student interested in computer arts and design... I just download Processing and trying to learn the basis...

Javi Burón
olivier

WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: Jul 31st, 2003, 9:25pm »

Hi,
my name is ejon. I'm from Amiens, France where I studied graphic design. Now I help students understanding graphic programming in the same school, and I try to keep free-lance activities.
I'm here because of the pedagogic value of proce55ing (I used to work with DBN) and because of its powerful features.
I'm currently interested in tangible computing.
My work can be seen on http://www.pressecitron.com

jen

Email
« Reply #99 on: Aug 1st, 2003, 6:44am »

HI  
My name is Jenn and I am from New Zealand I am a computer  science student and also a design student I am going to be studying in san diego this  year and am generally intreasted in the way art and technology are evolving together

ed

WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: Aug 1st, 2003, 1:07pm »

hello yawl, I've been here a while but never got round to doing an introduction, till now. I'd Ed Burton, the original culprit behind java construction toy www.sodaplay.com/constructor . Though I'm already a java programmer I find I'm using the processing environment more and more as the quickest and most enjoable way to manifest interactive computational ideas. It's been a boon in both art projects and commercial pitches. hoorah.

i_253 WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: Aug 1st, 2003, 10:04pm »

Hi, my name is Shelley.  I studied Comp Sci and am now a designer for graphical tools.  I'm always interested in visual arts, graphics and photography but have never come about formalizing it.  Most works are well scattered in my room and a few on my website.

I got fascinated with John Maeda's work and inspired to explore a new avenue in computational art and design.  Then I discovered ACG and proce55ing.  I'm new here and trying to find out more about the software and hopefully will get the chance to contribute.  I'm always learning and hopefully, will learn more and get better insight by getting involved.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2003, 10:32pm by 53 »  
plain

Email
« Reply #102 on: Aug 5th, 2003, 5:06pm »

hi,  
my name is krzysztof trzewiczek. i study social anthropology in warsaw/poland. i've got no visual or programming education.
i'm interested in visual communication in social live. maybe the most imprtant question for me are: how visual communication is related to the word [written and spoken] and how does visual communication changes.
no the hand proce55ing for me is a good start for graphic programming and on the other hand it's a kind of athropological material to concider how do we think visual and visuality.

vincentd

« Reply #103 on: Aug 5th, 2003, 10:42pm »

Hi,

I'm Vincent. Studied Cinema, now on the road to freelance graphist. I periodically feel called by
programming but always block myself upon My Math Problem (what is the "+" in the sentence "1+1" ?).
P5 seems a good challenger for this time's test.

Cyan_Smoke

« Reply #104 on: Aug 12th, 2003, 9:57am »

Hi,

I'm Chris, from L.A., California.
I am a technical lead (network management) in a telecom company and also moonlight as manager of my own web company.
I have a vast knowledge of Java and I was very surprised -and delighted- by the overall simplicity behind proce55ing's concept. I used to code video games in a previous life and I think that proce55ing's syntax is very close to the meta-languages we developed.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  16

« Previous topic | Next topic »