We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
proMIDI 2.0 (Read 33722 times)
Re: proMIDI 2.0
Reply #45 - May 20th, 2007, 8:41pm

Strange, did you update your Java?

Could you do me a favor and test MMJ on OS X and see if there are any inputs detected on your setup with ProMIDI2.0 in Processing.

I mailed the author of MMJ, he says inputs are implemented and should be working fine.

Lech
Reply #46 - May 22nd, 2007, 5:29pm

Hmmm, yes, in fact mmj is showing inputs. I'll test this some more. It's certainly working well with outputs. Right now, all my issues are on Windows -- tried reinstalling Java, but that hasn't helped. It sees the outputs but won't address them.

Now my bigger issue is I can't figure out how one would remove events from a pattern beyond adding them. There's the removeEvent(i_event, tick) method, but what's i_event? If you need, say, Note(), keeping track of pitch and velocity, what's the point of bothering putting those in a pattern in the first place, since you'd need an additional array just for keeping track of which notes have been added? Am I missing something?
Reply #47 - May 22nd, 2007, 7:59pm

Sorry for letting you wait on the mandolane integration, I was working on several projects the last month and not enough time to take care of it. I have more time in the moment so I will try to update promidi and include mandolane.

@peter

You are right so far it is only possible to delete patterns and events, an event can be a note, a controller or a program change. Maybe it would make sense to include methods to delete all events in a given range between two ticks, let me see what I can do.
Reply #48 - May 22nd, 2007, 8:05pm

Ah, very good, that made sense.

re: the MIDI support on Mac -- mmj does seem to be working, so perhaps Mandalone isn't totally necessary, but the idea of supporting one specific library sounds wise. I have various Macs here (Intel and PPC) and am happy to help test the integration.

re: clearing patterns -- I had actually looked at seeing if there was a way to add a method to remove a full range, but with all the various methods there and the tick maps and whatnot I got a bit confused.

There is a removePattern() method, yes, but that doesn't actually delete the object or remove the events from the object. I would presumably need to instantiate a new pattern object in order to add a new pattern, yes?
Reply #49 - May 24th, 2007, 11:56am

Hello,

I'm quite a beginner in programming, but have been trying to work with the ProMidi library. In PC-MidiYoke everything is fine, but in Mac it's the hole problem. I haven't tried this mmj which I will very soon. But to do so, I would like to know:

Where should I place the mmj? I'm asking it for the obvious reason and also because I would like to know if is there anyway an online applet developed in a pc could work in a mac, even if the mac doesn't have anything installed previously. What I mean is: could I place it in the code or the data folder so any mac could run the applet?

I don't know if what I'm asking is absurd or totally posible, but would really appreciate if someone could give me some help!

Thanks!
Reply #50 - Jul 12th, 2007, 9:10am

I'm working towards a proMIDI + mmj solution, but seem to be experiencing the same problem as a few others in this thread where proMIDI happily lists all available MIDI outputs, but no inputs.

I used MandoMidiTester.jar to evaluate my setup, and it seems to recognize both inputs and outputs, so I can only assume the problem lies somewhere within the proMIDI library.

Any leads?
Reply #51 - Oct 8th, 2007, 4:48am

Hi there,

Thanks for a very useful library, I hope you continue to develop and strengthen it.

I would like to point out that setLoopCount() does not seem to work correctly. It is possible to loop forever i.e. setLoopCount(-1) , but it is not possible to loop for a fixed number of times i.e. setLoopCount(3). Regardless of the number you put in (positive integer), the MIDI is played just once.

It would be great if that could be fixed, thanks a lot!

Dave
Reply #52 - Dec 12th, 2007, 10:56am

mtr wrote on Oct 7th, 2006, 2:29pm:
I haven't used promidi since the alpha version. With version 2.0 can you still output notes without a predetermined length
For example, I want to send a "note on" when when you press a key and "note off" on release

That's what I was wondering, it's quite anoying for real time performance.
Did you find a way around that problem

ps: that's what I was asking here ( http://processing.org/discourse/yabb_beta/YaBB.cgi?num=1197377712 ).
Re: proMIDI 2.0 -sequencer
Reply #53 - Jan 4th, 2008, 11:42pm

The example file 'Sequencer' will only return a lot of nasty errors for me. The error messages indicate that it really dislikes the line "Sequencer sequencer;"
Unfortunately I am too much of a noob to resolve this issue, anyone have any clues?  I'd love to begin some experiments with Processing and midi, but sadly I seem to be getting nowhere.

here is the error which I receive when running the Example file, four variations on this message are returned on each run.

C:/DOCUME~1/angstrom/LOCALS~1/Temp/build7132.tmp/Temporary_2295_7540.java:3:1:3:
9: Semantic Error: Type "Sequencer" is imported on demand from package "promidi" and package "javax.sound.midi".

any help is gratefully accepted.

Just so you understand exactly how nowhere I am with this - most of the other Promidi examples give me errors too, mainly a variation on this one:

Semantic Error: No applicable overload was found for a constructor with signature "ProgramChange(int, int)" in type "promidi.ProgramChange". Perhaps you wanted the overloaded version "ProgramChange(int $1);" instead?

I assume I am doing something obviously newb & wrong here.
Reply #54 - Jan 13th, 2008, 6:21pm

hi

i am helpless.
i installed promidi (mac powerbook g4 / osx 10.4.10)
i installed PlumstoneV1_3
i got to run the promidi example: promidi
and this massage appears:

2008-01-13 17:55:01.083 java[4507] CFLog (0): CFMessagePort: bootstrap_register(): failed 1103 (0x44f), port = 0x11f03, name = 'java.ServiceProvider'
See /usr/include/servers/bootstrap_defs.h for the error codes.
2008-01-13 17:55:01.091 java[4507] CFLog (99): CFMessagePortCreateLocal(): failed to name Mach port (java.ServiceProvider)

any ideas for me ?

thanx
lazze
Reply #55 - Jan 13th, 2008, 7:30pm

http://dev.processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=270

F
Reply #56 - Jan 13th, 2008, 11:20pm

lazze wrote on Jan 13th, 2008, 6:21pm:
hi

i am helpless.
i installed promidi (mac powerbook g4 / osx 10.4.10)
i installed PlumstoneV1_3
i got to run the promidi example: promidi
and this massage appears:

2008-01-13 17:55:01.083 java[4507] CFLog (0): CFMessagePort: bootstrap_register(): failed 1103 (0x44f), port = 0x11f03, name = 'java.ServiceProvider'
See /usr/include/servers/bootstrap_defs.h for the error codes.
2008-01-13 17:55:01.091 java[4507] CFLog (99): CFMessagePortCreateLocal(): failed to name Mach port (java.ServiceProvider)

any ideas for me

This message appears from time to time on OS X systems, but normally it does not affect the running of the Java program in any way.  It does not appear to be related to Plumstone.

Have you tried a reboot  I have found that rebooting usually makes the problem go away for a long time.
Reply #57 - Mar 25th, 2008, 11:19am

Hi all,

Is there any news about a new promidi version that includes Mandolane?
Reply #58 - Mar 25th, 2008, 12:31pm

TM wrote on Mar 25th, 2008, 11:19am:
Hi all,

Is there any news about a new promidi version that includes Mandolane

I produced and delivered a free OEM version of Mandolane for ProMIDI about year ago.  I assume that by now it has been integrated into the Mac version of ProMIDI...

Mandolane
Reply #59 - Mar 25th, 2008, 1:47pm

hummmm, I am not sure that it as been done.

Thanks for your quick answer mandolane.

Update:
I found the update for mac here http://processing.org/discourse/yabb_beta/YaBB.cgi?board=Sound;action=display;num=1188575049

Would be nice to have it on the Promidi website...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5