We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › FluidFormsLibs Release
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
FluidFormsLibs Release (Read 2189 times)
FluidFormsLibs Release
Feb 19th, 2009, 7:48pm

FluidFormsLibs is a compilation of useful tools for creating "Fluid Forms" or in other words virtual changeable forms that can then be produced using computer controlled production facilities.

http://fluidforms.eu/processing/fluid-forms-libs/

Over time we will be adding more and more tools to aid in the creation of forms to be 3D-Printed, laser cut or CNC-Milled.

Useful features:
3D mouse navigation
STL/OBJ Export of processing primitives and shapes.
SLT/OBJ Import
Triangulation
Showing bad edges
Useful default settings

Re: FluidFormsLibs Release
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2009, 8:58pm

Interesting. I suppose it is an early release (for the site at least), half the examples goes to a German 404 page.
Also some live sketches and/or screenshots would be welcome.
Smiley
Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2009, 12:18pm

Thanks! Two of the example were not uploaded correctly, fixed that. I also added an online example.
Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2009, 5:34pm

Very exciting. I look forward to testing it out.

Casey

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2009, 3:30pm

I've been using this library to triangulate a mesh from a multiagent system and now I would like to export the resulting geometry. Is there a way to get the triangulated mesh into a modeling program like rhino or maya?

Thanks
Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2009, 3:37pm

Disregard my previous question. I figured out I can just use DXF Export. Thanks for the great library.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1