We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › The PeasyCam camera-control library
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
The PeasyCam camera-control library (Read 7779 times)
The PeasyCam camera-control library
Jan 9th, 2009, 9:42pm

I'm happy to announce the availability of a new camera-control library for 3D sketches, PeasyCam ("P" for Processing, "Peasy" for easy-peasy).

http://mrfeinberg.com/peasycam/

Development is hosted at google code:

http://code.google.com/p/peasycam/

Sample:
Code:
PeasyCam camera;

void setup() {
camera = new PeasyCam(this, 0, 0, 0, 50);
}

That's it. Now a mouse left-drag will rotate the camera around the subject, a right drag will zoom in and out, and a middle-drag (command-left-drag on mac) will pan. A double-click restores the camera to its original position.

It is free for all uses, per the Apache 2.0 license. Please try it out, and let me know how it goes for you.
Re: The PeasyCam camera-control library
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2009, 9:07pm

We're using this library for fly-through views of a molecule. The library has provided an immediate solution for moving through a 3d space in an intuitive and stable manner. We are using it both in the processing development environment and in Eclipse. Next, we may use it to script paths for animations. Thank you Mr. Feinberg.
Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2009, 2:33am

Hi Jonathan,

Your library is great and very usefull. I wanted to download the new version to try "beginHUD" but the link for downloading seems broken ( at least on mac / firefox 3). You can only download it by right click / save as. Even then it doesn't uncompress, just keep on giving new compressed file.

That's because the mac is confused by the dots in name:
PeasyCam_0.7.0.zip
The file should be named:
PeasyCam_0_7_0.zip

Thanks again for this easy to use library and clear references.
Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2009, 4:17am

"You can only download it by right click / save as"
I download only this way, behavior of browser on plain left click on a file to download is unreliable (depending on browser, system, settings...).

"Even then it doesn't uncompress"
Seems normal to me, I always prefer to get the original archive then uncompress it by my own means than getting something automatically unzipped.

"That's because the mac is confused by the dots in name"
Very strange, the ProgramName-1.0.9.zip naming scheme is very common in the Unix world. You will find lot of archives to download following this scheme.
But then again, perhaps Unixers follow the same download policy/routine as me.
Actually, when I get a file like PrograName_1_0_9.zip I cringe because I have to rename to above scheme, for consistency... Smiley
BTW, the Processing downloads are named with dots...
Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2009, 5:35am

You know I'm just saying...just bumped into this problem and though that mac users might want to know as without changing the name they won't be able to uncompress ( that what I meant by "Even then it doesn't uncompress"). My english isn't perfect so my post might have sound a bit messy.

Thanks again for the library, very useful.

ps: For the download right click behaviour, it a server thing and generally the default setting is to download when asking for a zip and the processing download is dmg that might different than for a zip.

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2009, 6:28am

"Even then it doesn't uncompress"
Strange, it is then more a problem with your decompression software... Unix systems are even more permissive than Windows for file names, a few extra dots shouldn't stop a software.

"For the download right click behaviour, it a server thing"
Right for the Mime type, but then the browser allows to choose what to do with file of given type. But yes, default for zip is to download (or open with associated program).

PS.: I am not the library creator, just an obnoxious passer-by... Wink
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1