We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › volTron Library - first release available
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
volTron Library - first release available (Read 3403 times)
volTron Library - first release available
May 20th, 2009, 1:46am

Hello - I have released an library for plotting openGL volumes as voxelclouds - it is called Voltron!

dm.ncl.ac.uk/joescully/voltronlib

I made this library as part of my work for a module on my Masters Degree in Digital Media at CultureLab Newcastle.

The library will allow you to plot a 3D voxel form from a .img or .raw.gz or just add voxels dynamically to an array.

Have a look at the site for some more details on datasets etc. and some of the output you can get.

Am sure it has some holes in it, its the first library I've tried to make, and there is functionality I would like to add when I get time - am open to suggestions if you want to get in touch, and the source is there so fork it, if your that way inclined.

Thanks

Joey Scully
joey dot machineeater at gmail dot com
DataProle
Newcastle Digital Media
Culture Lab
Newcastle University
Re: volTron Library - first release available
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2009, 8:35am

That's really cool!
Reply #2 - May 21st, 2009, 5:37pm

cheers jeffg, i hope its useful -  im on the look out for 3d scanner data too for using with it!
Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2009, 9:43am

since I got your library my controlp5 doesn't work in any way. not even the examples of controlp5. it dosen't recognize any "string" in the tabs or else. anyone else experiencing this?
Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2009, 8:58am

hmm, that is very strange, there is an example patch distributed with the library that uses a lot of controlP5 elements (its called FullExampe).  Because the Library uses openGL it can sometimes not play so nice with things that live outside of that context.  

Make sure that you are calling the plotVox() method inside a matrix.  Let me know if it doesn't work still and I will have a think.  There shouldn;t be any issue really -I have it working fine with controlP5 and volTron.
Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2009, 1:42pm

Hello,
Is it possible to take somewhere working version of this library with actual processing (1.0.9) or get older processing where it's working (1.0.1 or maybe 1.0.3)?

in  processing 1.0.9 it makes an error
"Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jogl in java.library.path"
Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2009, 2:12pm

Prokop, looks like an OpenGL problem (do you have a Mac? With Snow Leopard?) than something else. Try running an OpenGL example and see if you have the same error.
Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2009, 12:53am

hello,
No, this problem appears only if I copy volTron into Libraries directory, if I delete it, the problem disappears again, and OpenGL work normally.

It was already refered:
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/num_1252679977.html

I only ask if there is any easy (whithout recompilation) way how to try volTorn despite this problem (I don't mind change of processing version to older but I can't download it anywhere)

Thanks
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1