We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Introductions
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Introductions (Read 15047 times)
Re: Introductions
Reply #15 - Apr 20th, 2005, 10:43pm

I am Ryan Govostes, aka rgovostes.

According to my first introduction message, I was 14 when I started using Processing. Since then I've added Processing, Java, C, C++, and Objective-C to my growing list of programming languages. I haven't moved from Mac OS X, although I've upgraded from 10.2 to 10.4.

I run a website for fellow sophomores at my high school, and am an active contributor and sometimes-moderator for REALgurus, a REALbasic-based programming forum. I am a Half-Life 2 addict (I bought a new PC just so I could play), and I can be frequently found in Counter-Strike: Source servers, accusing people of wallhacking.

In two years I hope to attend MIT for an engineering or computer-science degree. But I don't want to think about that yet.
Reply #16 - Apr 21st, 2005, 10:01am

My name is Greg Fraser and I'm still studying Interaction Design at the University of Art and Design in Zurich, Switzerland.

Right now it's all Director/Lingo we're learning, later some max/msp and maybe Python. Finding Processing was purely coincidental while doing research on John Maeda. It was love at first sight. Up to now Processing is a hobby alongside my studies but I try to integrate it whenever possible.
Reply #17 - Apr 21st, 2005, 4:18pm

my name is jonathan fisher - i run the creative hub which is hippocamp.net - also set up various events here in manchester, uk.
Reply #18 - Apr 21st, 2005, 6:00pm

My post 2 years ago: (!)

Quote:
My name is Noel Perlas.  I am a graphic designer and web designer based in Manila, Philippines.  After graduating from a Humanities course, I stumbled into the industry and found a passion for it.

After 5 years, I continue to discover great work and ideas that reinforce this passion.  I am hoping to find some more here. I am aspiring to be a student in Interaction Design Institute Ivrea.

Please visit my site at www.NoelPerlas.com  

I am still a graphic designer and web designer based in Manila.  But no longer aspiring but already was a student at Interaction Ivrea.  Still learning processing (even after a workshop with casey) Still looking for inspiring stuff here.
Reply #19 - Apr 21st, 2005, 10:42pm

My Name is Martin Wisniowski aka 020200 and i use processing since about 1 or 2 years right now. I was also doing thing with flash and director but my love for processing was getting more and more intense. Today i figured out the BETA. I haven't had a look until now, but my fingers are trembling, i can tell you...

I do various things in the digital domain. My interests are mostly located in between the analog / digital domain. The main focus is in designprocesses in both analog and digital.

My latest thought upon that you can read in my weblog:
http://www.node3000.org/020200
I also run a netlabel (maybe you know it) located here:
http://www.2063music.de
You can meet me at the art and research collective located in germany and online here: http://www.node3000.org

Reply #20 - Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:22am

hi, my name is Gaston Garcia. Web designer from Costa Rica, central america.

I studied printmaking in art school. now i'm trying to learn some programming skills.

from my small experience, p5 has been great to use and learn. with no programming studies, it sometimes gets impossible to understand stuff, but still... usually one ends up grasping what needed to be learned.

thanks to the p5 developers
Reply #21 - Apr 22nd, 2005, 1:10am

Hi!

My name is Carla Diana. I am a designer/programmer/educator. I have an MFA in Design but also an undergrad degree in Mechanical Engineering. I am always trying to blend creativity and technology.

I've been lurking around the processing site, but have waited way too long to start tinkering. I just had a great time at the Flash in the Can Toronto conference where I got to meet Ben and Casey and get exposed to lots of great processing-made projects.

I do work as part of my own studio, and I run an experimental interactive sound project called repercussion.org. I also teach at the Savannah College of Art and Design, though I am from New York and will be living in San Francisco come June.

I wear corrective lenses.
Reply #22 - Apr 22nd, 2005, 3:45am

I'm Sean Donnelly.  I am currently a first year undergrad at Virginia Tech as a Political Science student.  I secretly desire to not do anything with my degree and become an artist.  It is a dream at least.  Before working with processing I had zero programming knowledge.

I am here to make art.  Processing allows me to combine my 2 favorite things: art/design and being insanely frustrated.  It is a perfect fit for all those times when I just cant get things to work right.  The more current reason why I have signed after months of trolling to leverage the knowledge to get better.  At the point when I have something worth sharing to the world I set up a website, but right now everyone would just laugh.  Here is to the future.
Reply #23 - Apr 22nd, 2005, 2:14pm

My name is Mikael Konttinen and I'm from Stockholm, Sweden. Currently I'm a student at the Academy of Fine Arts (KHIB) in Bergen, Norway. Previously I've worked mainly with sound and have studied composition at EMS in Stockholm, though nowadays I'm working more with visual media.

I've done programming before, mainly in PD+GEM, MAX and various script languages. My introduction to P5 was during a workshop in November 2004 where I was blown away by how easy it was to get into and fast to work in. It's like all the fun of preparing a good dinner without having to check if you have all the tiniest of ingredients before the shopping. And you don't have to wash up, which is probably the best of all.

Otherwise, I enjoy a single malt or a czech beer. I wear glasses. And I'm very allergic to cats.
Reply #24 - Apr 22nd, 2005, 3:53pm

mkn wrote on Apr 22nd, 2005, 2:14pm:
My introduction to P5 was during a workshop in November 2005

Any chance you could implement your time machine as a library for Processing  Wink
Reply #25 - Apr 22nd, 2005, 9:59pm

My name is Allen, I've used Processing for a while now - since the Proce55ing days.

While I'm still interested in programmatic media I've been out of practice as I'm a full time student (currently pursuing a BFA in art history), though I still lurk the forums every few days.
Reply #26 - Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:42pm

Hello - My name is Ethan. I recently switched from an MFA concentration in pictoral arts (canvas painting) to an MFA in digital media at the CADRE Laboratory for New Media. I did my undergraduate in fine arts, and came to programming through a web development job that gradually expanded my skillset, and presented new possibilities for artistic exploration.

Haven't had a chance to fire up 0085 yet - but looking forward to it this weekend Cheesy
Reply #27 - Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:53pm

Hello My name is Takayuki Fukatsu.
I had studied Urban Information design in Japan and currently studying Product design at Central Saint Martins College in London.

I like processing very much and also very heavy flash addict. Smiley

vas-animatum.net
fladdict.net
Reply #28 - Apr 24th, 2005, 9:19am

My name is Devin Short, I'm a high school junior near Seattle Washington.  My high school is really, really small with maybe 350 students.  Since my school is so small, I don't have any immediate resources for things like graphics and programming but I do have a lot of interest and have been able to teach myself a good deal.

I've made some tentative steps into using Maya 6, but I'm still painfully inexperienced.  I have just started to teach myself C++, and sort of found Processing at about the same time.  My main interest in things like Maya is using dynamics and effects, which Processing seems to be geard to but in a different format.  I'm hoping I can learn to create some interesting things in Processing.

Also, I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I'd really like to talk to some people who are actually doing this sort of thing for a job.  I'm trying to get an idea about what sort of careers there are and what sort of schooling I'd need.  My email and my AIM screen name are in my profile if someone would be willing to give me some info.  If there is a better place to be asking these questions, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Reply #29 - Apr 24th, 2005, 10:46am

Hi there-
My name is James and I'm a communication design undergrad in Portland, OR. I make music and other things.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5