We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Introductions
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Introductions (Read 15045 times)
Re: Introductions
Reply #60 - Mar 8th, 2006, 10:02pm

whats up... i'm jc.
originally from los angeles currently studying for my masters in art in london.
have a bit of a background in webdev
Reply #61 - Mar 15th, 2006, 7:51am

Hello 4dplane here - I am pushing thirty and have been in love with logic statements ever since I built my first flash application. I worked with flash for 4 years as my primary scripting language but as I learned that I was a much better programmer than a flash graphic artists, I began to build programs that where just too much for flash to handle. What I need is real power to my programs and I believe processing along with Java can give me just that. I hope in time, to build strong applications in processing and java that will benefit the Processing project along with myself and yes - the whole world Smiley

Until my next introduction,

4dplane

Reply #62 - Mar 16th, 2006, 6:26am

Hello, My name is Greg Johns.  I am an graphic designer and illustrator of sort.  I make alot of my living through ActionScript and keep Processing for my personal playground.  I think it was Robert from flight 404 that got me too look at Processing. (thanks Robert)

While I'm at it thanks to Casey and Ben for their wonderfull efforts into this new medium and sharing it with the world.  (I'm feeling the love)

Greg Johns
www.gregjohns.info
Reply #63 - Apr 21st, 2006, 7:03am

My name is Enrico Viglino, and I'm a Master's student at the University of Oregon. I'm currently learning processing as part of a project, and figured the boards would be a good place for insight (and help too!).

One little gripe is actually about the name. Any attempt to get information about processing through a search engine is almost bound to fail. Knowing the original spelling helps though.
Reply #64 - Apr 28th, 2006, 11:04pm

My name is Babak Shadlu, I'm a student and will be going to
foundation year at Iowa State University in the fall.

I found out about proccesing a few months back when I read
an interview of Wolfgang Weingart where he mentioned John
Maeda's work at the Media Lab.

Reply #65 - May 6th, 2006, 1:45pm

hi
im guy
i just found out this very intresting application
i have no clue where to start,i do have some
programming skills but need to refresh it
im a graphic design student in my final year
and the main reason im here is in searching
ways to attack the topic im working on in my final year project,typographic and architecture relationship
and the human factor in both(on the user side not the creator)
gday
Reply #66 - Oct 25th, 2006, 10:09pm

My name is Celeste, I work for a small educational software company in Boston. Finished my undergrad in '05 at a small liberal arts school in the deep abyss that is upstate New York, with a major in Philosophy and Art History, focusing on new media and digital aesthetic theory.

I thankfully just discovered Processing on my quest to create interesting visualizations of social networks; I find it well suited to my brain.

Reply #67 - Nov 7th, 2006, 4:56am

Hi my name's Jack, I'm currently finishing up my BS at DigiPen  in Redmond WA. I found your site looking at visual-jockey's websites and then ended up using the software for a school project.
Reply #68 - Nov 10th, 2006, 3:49pm

Howdy!  I'm Andrew, and I'm an analyst at O'Reilly media.  A big part of my job is turning raw data into stories about our business.  I also edited Baseball Hacks and Designing Interfaces.

I see processing as a way to add interactivity and richness to otherwise static presentations.  Most of my programming background is related to databases, but I'm finding processing refreshingly easy to learn.

I live in Boston and have a cat that weighs 23 pounds. (He's just big boned, though...)
Reply #69 - Mar 4th, 2007, 1:07am

hi, I'm george. I've been designing and building websites for a while and am now preparing to go back to school, first to finish my BFA in design, and then on to grad school to focus a bit more on computer science. I first saw processing a few years ago, but never tried it until now. I just wrote my first rudimentary program and I'm HOOKED! I can't wait to dig deeper...
Reply #70 - Mar 4th, 2007, 9:20pm

danomatika aka Dan Wilcox here

I have a BS in Computer Engineering and am working on an MS in Art and Technology at Chalmers Tech in Gothenburg, Sweden.

I'm into avant garde performance and conceptual art using human-computer interactive systems and mobile/wearable computing.  I enjoy building devices and such from electronic scrap.  I also like to play loud (midi/surf) guitars that make people boogie.

Here is my website: http://robotcowboy.com

I am teaching an intro to processing course for the C:Art:Media program at Valand Art School, Gothenburg University.

Currently, I hope to be accepted at one of the fine institutions I have applied to this year so I can have the opportunity to make awesome things with awesome people.

be seeing you
Reply #71 - Mar 7th, 2007, 3:59pm

hello world

I study at hyperwerk in basel/switzerland.

I started programming with actionscript.
when there were too many movieclips and things became very slow, I started using vvvv and processing.

www.flickr.com/photos/lennyjpg
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5