FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   Community, Collaboration, Status
(Moderator: REAS)
   Introductions
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 
   Author  Topic: Introductions  (Read 33429 times)
ana

282614475282614475 WWW Email
Re: Introductions
« Reply #210 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 5:50pm »

5K""m¾?æ !

sAlut

[]": mY name is aNa filip
[]": romAniAn living in slovAkiA
[]": working with ImagE and when im able sOUnd
int3r3st3d in multiMEDIA and real-TIME media
cuRRently approaching pure DATA
[]": but searching 4 more
useful also 4 Web

discovered proce55ing
[]": anD wIIIing to learn about it
[]": anD also help 0ther pe0ple learn

so another purpose of being here is to FIND  Lecturers  
that could give a workshop in 0Ur space B U R U N D I (bratislava/sk)
[]": www.burundi.sk :"[]

haPPy to make your acQuitance

AnA

[]":"j6 []":"j6 []":"j6 []":"j6 []":"j6 []":"j6 []":"j6 L6//||''[]5K""6m¾?æ ?  
 []":"j []":"j []":"j []":"j []":"j []":"j []":"j L6//||''[]5K""6m¾?æ ?  
 []":" []":" []":" []":" []":" []":" []":" L6//||''[]5K""6m¾?æ ?  
 []": []": []": []": []": []": []": L6//||''[]5K""6m¾?æ ?  
 []" []" []" []" []" []" []" L6//||''[]5K""6m¾?æ ?  
 []":"
6m¾?æ ?

mkn

« Reply #211 on: Dec 11th, 2004, 6:29pm »

Hi all. My name is Mikael Konttinen and I'm from Stockholm/Sweden where I've been working with sound for several years and also studied electro acoustic composition at EMS in Stockholm. Currently I'm a fine art student at the academy in Bergen/Norway. Lately I've been working quite a lot with PureData+GEM and before I've done stuff with Max MSP+Jitter as well as some primitive programming in JAVA and various script languages. My introduction to Processing was only about a month ago when I attended a workshop here in Bergen with Ralph Ammer and Marius Watz as guest teachers.

Bork bork bork
Infidel

Email
« Reply #212 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:16pm »

mark_key

« Reply #213 on: Jan 1st, 2005, 9:08pm »

Hi.
My name is Mark Key.
I've been a business software developer for 10 years. I'm discovering that's kids' stuff compared to learning/understanding graphics algorithms.
I like that Processing allows me to concentrate exclusively on the rendering code, not having to bother with creating windows, device handles, etc.  
My 9-year-old son is learning it with me.
Thanks for making this fun and interesting tool!

sinancg

« Reply #214 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 3:47pm »

Sinan Vural here.

I am a senior compositor doing special effects for tv commercials and feature films using highend graphics software like inferno from discreet.

I have always had the programming mind but never delved into any specific system, because to get a good start on what I wanted to program, there was a lot of overhead learning the system's in and out. Since what I wanted to program was interactive graphical gizmos Processing is perfect for me.

Found about P5, browsing MIT media lab, going over Fry's thesis. It was a joy, and to see it in interactive action was great.

.s
plowboy

« Reply #215 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 8:12pm »

Hi My Name is Hank,

I a Senior Test Software Engineer in Boise, Idaho. I am currently investigating what is available to analyze audio. I am interested in finding information about characteristics which are "failure" modes. i.e. Rub and Buzz, Harmonic Distortion...etc.

So I am investigating different software tools that are availabe that might helpt me to zero in on some of the particulars.

blprnt

« Reply #216 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 2:25am »

Hi there.

I'm Jer Thorp; I've finally decided to dive into the world of processing; I hope that the ppol isn't already too crowded.

I've been working mainly in ActionScript for the last 5 years; the realities of life and a pile of other projects have kept me away from fun with code for a while, but I am itching to get back to it.

So, I'm starting on a bunch of new projects in AS and am also excited about learning processing.

I think I know a few of you from the old Flash days, but hello to all of the rest of you again.

Cheers,

-Jer
http://www.blprnt.com

durrani

« Reply #217 on: Jan 12th, 2005, 3:14pm »

Hello.
My name is Haris Durrani, I'm an undergraduate student who is currently intrigued by the possibilities of computers. My final year project is based around procedural textures and I generally like messing around with interesting looking stuff like fractal generators. Some random clicks brought me to processing.org and thought I would give it a try. Havn't as yet downloaded it but I will as soon as I click Post.

carloslara

Email
« Reply #218 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 3:42pm »

Hi my name is Carlos Lara, im venezuelan, doing a CS degree at the University of Denver, Colorado. However i am currently studying abroad in Madrid, Spain.

I like computer graphics, started with c++ and opengl and want to discover the possibilities that gives a higher level language like proce55ing.  

i just got to the forum, but ready to contribute as much as i can

Carlos

Ricard

« Reply #219 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 6:31pm »

Hola,

My name is Ricard Marxer Piñón.  I'm from Castelló, Spain, but I'm currently living in Barcelona.

I have studied a degree in Telecommunications Engineering in France and am now studying digital arts.

I'm very interested in Organic Information Design (great Master thesis, fry!) and also quite interested in a few diverse topics: self-organizing systems, dynamic systems, physics, neuroscience,...  and all the rest of domains that propose a challenging point of view to understanding.

I would be glad to help in anything I could.  As well as contacting people here in Barcelona in order to promote the use and teaching of Processing, which in my opinion is a great language.

Ricard

joexpo

joexpo144 Email
« Reply #220 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 12:24am »

Hi all,
My name is Nattapol (Joe) Suphawong. I use nickname "joexpo". I'm currently studying Design and Technology at Parsons School of Design, New York. I've learned Processing in my Java class. I studied architecure in Thailand and was a lecturer at Assumption University. I came to New York to explore interaction design, new media art, physical computing. I've known many great guys here and would like to join in this community. Thank you Casey Reas, Ben Fry, Jonah Warren, Zach Lieberman, Golan Levin, Tom Igoe, Marko Tandefelt, and of course, John Maeda for the inspiration.

Alterscape

« Reply #221 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 10:14pm »

Hi Everybody,
  I'm Ryan Spicer, and I'm studying film at Cornell University.  Our theater/film program currently teaches only MAX/MSP, but I'm a fan of the opensource community and so I'm looking into learning Processing.  I'm mainly interested in using Processing in conjunction with machine vision to create interactive installations and/or nifty little desktop toys for my own amusement.

jvl

jonathanvlarocca Email
« Reply #222 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 1:13am »

Hi everybody,
     I'm Jonathan LaRocca, I'm studying Architecture at Rice University in Houston, and did 6 years at Cornell University, 2 in the Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering program and 4 in the design and environmental analysis program (yes, I graduated, just with a lot of credits,...it took me a while to decide in a major).  I'm interested in introducing narrative and storytelling elements into web, graphic, and architectural design.

Jonathan V. LaRocca
M.Arch Candidate
Rice School of Architecture
jvl@rice.edu
sortiz

placenta+melon
« Reply #223 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 10:26pm »

Hi, my name is Samuel Ortiz. I'm an interactive media major at the Maryland Institute College of Art. I just started tooling around with processing and sonia to see what i can do. hopefully i will be able to do some interesting work with it in the future. I am currently getting involved in physical computing and micro controllers, and also site-specific sound performances. um, yeah. i guess that's it. thanks.

mnml
ste

« Reply #224 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 11:43am »

My name is Steve Morland, I'm a graphic/ interactive designer from Newcastle UK. I'm hopefully going to be starting a Masters soon.  

I would like to get to know processing a little better.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 

« Previous topic | Next topic »