We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
OpenCV library installation problems (Read 58852 times)
Re: OpenCV library installation problems
Reply #30 - May 4th, 2009, 6:33am

oh yes, i assumed u had last version. sometimes assumptions just make it complicated =)
have fun
Reply #31 - May 4th, 2009, 6:43am

if you dont have the 1.1pre, you need install from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22870

"ch-opencv 2.3.0"

Here you can find the other dependent libraries.

Reply #32 - May 5th, 2009, 7:59am

Tried everything posted, nothing works....  Cry Cry
Im using XP and OpenCV 1.0 (tried 1.1 but also didnt work)  
Anyone really solved the problem?? THX in advance!!
Reply #33 - May 5th, 2009, 11:27am

same problem here: openCV works smoothly on my linux box, but i've got an xp machine that does not want to run it.

everything looks in the right place, but still no luck; i'll try to reinstall everything and will report the results... *crossing fingers*
Reply #34 - May 6th, 2009, 11:41am

same problem here....tried installing opencv1.1....still no joy... Cry
Reply #35 - May 7th, 2009, 2:50am

Dudes, problem solved here!!!
what the problem here I have is, it lack some dll files.  I found out Opencv 1.0 need *.dll file both from 1.0 and 1.1 (weird @_@)  So, what you have to do is, install 1.1, copy all the *.dll from lib folder to C:\windows\system32\ and then remove 1.1, install 1.0, repeat the same thing, and then it should work. GOOD LUCK guys!!  Smiley
Reply #36 - May 18th, 2009, 3:30am

Ok that's the way for windows but what is the solution for Linux and Ubuntu ? I haven't understand the explanation of Leonox.
could you help a poor newb please ?
Reply #37 - May 24th, 2009, 10:26am

Mac Intel imac OSX 10.5.6

Hey i have had this problem (and with other libraries before).  How i "fixed " with a midi library was to put the library files into a CODE directory in the sketch directory directly.  This is incorrect and i have seen one of the founders say that this is not the correct thing to do and that it is mixing up two totally different things.  However it did work with the midi library...SO after trying everything else to get the FaceDetection example working i did the same and dropped all the OpenCV files into a CODE directory in the sketch directory.  It worked first time  !!!!!  

If you are desperate to get this working then you can use this method.  I think someone really needs to dig deeper into the way processing uses libraries because i have had this problem several times now..

nik
Reply #38 - May 26th, 2009, 2:01pm

Hi all,

I have confirmed for myself after much googling and trial and error; what others here have mentioned.

I got it to work with these files (see screenshot) in the root directory of my eclipse folder (which is the current path when it executes a file):

://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8878/opencvfiles.jpg
Reply #39 - Jun 1st, 2009, 10:57pm

Dear windows users,

I'm pretty sure I followed the very same steps but I still get:

UnsatisfiedLinkError: hypermedia.video.OpenCV.capture(III)V

I'm just using processing on Vista 64 (not Eclipse or cool stuff like that) if that makes a difference.

Could someone please summarize an (dummy-proof) installation approach that definitely works at a system level (not by having the dlls in the project path) ?

Any help would truly be more than welcome as my hair loss rate is beating new records by the minute.

Cry
Reply #40 - Jun 2nd, 2009, 1:04am

Ok, after much fiddling I finally got it.
I went the brute force way and put ALL the DLLs in one place. Added that path to the the system env path variable. And bingo.
Phew, someone at openCV megalabs could have made it a bit easier but hey, I'm so happy it's working now that he/she is easily forgiven.
Lips Sealed
Reply #41 - Jun 3rd, 2009, 1:58pm

Varghjärta wrote on May 26th, 2009, 2:01pm:
Hi all,

I have confirmed for myself after much googling and trial and error; what others here have mentioned.

I got it to work with these files (see screenshot) in the root directory of my eclipse folder (which is the current path when it executes a file):

I fought with this problem all afternoon, and after doing what this guy did (he's on Windows Vista, but I'm on XP) it now works... not sure why... but it does.

The other thing that I did was copy OpenCV.dll into the OpenCV/bin folder AS WELL AS WINDOWS/system32 which may have also solved the problem.
Reply #42 - Jun 8th, 2009, 4:10am

did all you guys get the error message, that the PATH is incorrect?

since im wondering if my problem could be solved the same way, but i dont get any error messege at all!

Reply #43 - Jun 11th, 2009, 5:38am

I had that problem also, but then i have reinstalled opencv by following steps on this website ://ubaa.net/shared/processing/opencv/
and now it all works fine.
Reply #44 - Jun 12th, 2009, 1:26pm

edion wrote on Jun 3rd, 2009, 1:58pm:
Varghjärta wrote on May 26th, 2009, 2:01pm:
Hi all,

I fought with this problem all afternoon, and after doing what this guy did (he's on Windows Vista, but I'm on XP) it now works... not sure why... but it does.

The other thing that I did was copy OpenCV.dll into the OpenCV/bin folder AS WELL AS WINDOWS/system32 which may have also solved the problem.

Hello guys!

Just to thank everybody for the useful discussion. I've encountered the same installation problem (the message from processing was: UnsatisfiedLinkError: hypermedia.video.OpenCV.capture(III)V) using a windows XP machine. I solved it following edion's instructions, simply copying the OpenCV.dll into the OpenCV/bin folder AS WELL AS in the WINDOWS/system32 folder.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5