We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
OpenCV library installation problems (Read 58846 times)
OpenCV library installation problems
Mar 29th, 2009, 7:58am

I have been try to get my OpenCV library to work, and although Processing seems to recognize it, and is even able to import it,
I get:

>

!!! library OpenCV not found

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: hypermedia.video.OpenCV.capture(III)V

>
This happens when I try to use my OpenCV object:

opencv.capture( width, height );

Install OPENCV on WINDOWS !!!!
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2009, 12:14pm

Undecided
I have the same problem !!!!
When i use MAC OpenCV it's ok but i tried to install opencv on windows and it say that don't find the library...
I followed the instruction...
someone can help me?
thanks
Micron

Re: OpenCV library installation problems
Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2009, 6:57pm

Hello, recently also I tried to install the OpenCV library in Windows, it generated the same error that they describe to me, nevertheless are archives DLL, that noncopy in the system folder, and that must manually be copied, now I do not have the list of archives that must be copied, but the reason is that. I tomorrow hope to place the archives to them that are required to copy.
Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2009, 8:55am

After to look for the archives of the OpenCV, I have the list, these archives must be copied in the folder " system32".

cv100.dll
cvaux100.dll
cvcam100.dll
cxcore.dll
cxts001.dll

These archives are created when the OpenCV installs, I do not have the original direction but with the names they are possible to be found.
Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2009, 6:55pm

Gleem wrote on Apr 3rd, 2009, 8:55am:
After to look for the archives of the OpenCV, I have the list, these archives must be copied in the folder " system32".

cv100.dll
cvaux100.dll
cvcam100.dll
cxcore.dll
cxts001.dll

These archives are created when the OpenCV installs, I do not have the original direction but with the names they are possible to be found.

I'm having the same problem.  I'm using a linux machine (Ubuntu 8.10).  Any suggestions I've been trying to get this to work for a few days now.
Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2009, 6:03am

hi,
i have the same issue with the library on ubuntu 8.1 Huh
maybe something with the OpenCV.so?
best regards
Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2009, 1:15pm

I'm having the same problem on ubuntu 8.10
I tried everything that I could think of...
but nothing seems to work
ohhh sometimes stuff like this is just depressing me ...
anyways ...
Anyone got it working???

Thanks
Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2009, 4:57am

yes, this is frustrating.
i am trying to get it working on windows machine but with no success. i also tried using eclipse and i get the same error all the time.
processing imports the library but as soon as i try to make an instance of
OpenCV object and use opencv.movie( "movie.avi", width, height ); i get:

!!! required library not found : E:\processing-1.0.1\libraries\OpenCV\library\OpenCV.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
Verify that the java.library.path property is correctly set and the '\path\to\OpenCV\bin' exists in your system PATH

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: hypermedia.video.OpenCV.loadMovie(Ljava/lang/String;II)V
     at hypermedia.video.OpenCV.loadMovie(Native Method)
     at hypermedia.video.OpenCV.movie(OpenCV.java:991)
     at movie.setup(movie.java:30)
     at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1383)
     at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1311)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

i have ....\OpenCV\bin i my system PATH but i seems that something is still missing...
i also get the same error with the examples

please help
Reply #8 - Apr 27th, 2009, 2:14pm

adding myself to the list of people who get the UnsatisfiedLinkError: hypermedia.video.OpenCV.capture(III)V error...any help would be great

thanks
Reply #9 - Apr 27th, 2009, 10:05pm

Also having a similar problem reading the OpenCV library on Mac OSX despite having the library correctly installed.

I get a error saying Unsatisfiedlinkerror: Capture

Then this is the error log:

!!! required library not found : /Users/tegabrain/Documents/Processing/libraries/OpenCV/library/libOpenCV.jnilib:

Verify that the java.library.path property is correctly set and the opencv.framework exists in '/Library/Frameworks' folder

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: capture
     at hypermedia.video.OpenCV.capture(Native Method)
     at hypermedia.video.OpenCV.capture(OpenCV.java:945)
     at detectFace.setup(detectFace.java:30)
     at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1400)
     at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1328)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
Reply #10 - Apr 28th, 2009, 10:43am

I had some of this problems but I finally could run the application... I used NetBeans to compile the project...
Reply #11 - Apr 28th, 2009, 10:44am

Angry I need to post 5 times before I can post a link...
Reply #12 - Apr 28th, 2009, 10:45am

well, this is number 3 Tongue
Reply #13 - Apr 28th, 2009, 10:45am

4  Wink
Reply #14 - Apr 28th, 2009, 10:46am

Grin And here we go.. I made it work under Linux, it's probably not the best solution but it works... I wrote a bit about this in my blog http://walkintothefuture.blogspot.com/2009/04/opencv-java-linux.html
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5