We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
OpenCV library installation problems (Read 58848 times)
Re: OpenCV library installation problems
Reply #60 - Nov 21st, 2009, 5:52pm

If this helps anyone, I originally installed the 2.0 version of OpenCV, only to find that it wasn't linking up with Processing correctly. If you install the 1.0 version (like it says on the website), it should work fine as according to the tutorial on the website. Works fine for me on Windows 7.
Reply #61 - Nov 26th, 2009, 12:57am

Hi,

I got NullPointerException with Open CV on widows 7 x6x system on this line

image( opencv.image(), 0, 0 );

OpenCV could not define source dimensions.

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.NullPointerException
     at processing.core.PGraphics.image(PGraphics.java:2179)
     at processing.core.PApplet.image(PApplet.java:7280)
     at face_detection.draw(face_detection.java:66)
     at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1425)
     at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1327)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Anyone have problem like me ?

Thank for sharing  Wink
Reply #62 - Dec 1st, 2009, 7:50pm

I am running XP and I found my problem was caused by following the guide (http://ubaa.net/shared/processing/opencv/) and not noticing the link for downloading OpenCV featured 2.0, not 1.0.

Scroll down on the download page to download 1.0.
Reply #63 - Dec 8th, 2009, 1:13am

hi there, i just had a problem that looked sismilar to this.

i'm on ubuntu (karmic koala) and i had installed the processing library according to the instructions, but all of the examples had problems with openv.capture.

in the end, the problem was: in addition to requiring the installation the opencv package (called libcv1 in ubuntu), the "highgui" library (called libhighgui1 in ubuntu) is also required.

highgui is normally included with opencv, but it is a separate library in ubuntu.

anyhow, i hope this helps someone.

pix
Reply #64 - Jan 24th, 2010, 10:25am

Is there a way to make it work without actually installing it (i.e. just by adding the necessary libraries to your project)?
Reply #65 - Jan 24th, 2010, 10:25am

Is there a way to make it work without actually installing it (i.e. just by adding the necessary libraries to your project)?
Reply #66 - Feb 9th, 2010, 9:36am

please check to have the openCV Version 1 installed!
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/files/opencv-win/1.0/OpenCV_1.0.exe/download)

Quote:
Just install the OpenCV1.1pre1a and that's all.
I tried all the examples, and it works.

2.0 and pre 1.1. did not work for me and provoked this error code!!

this is actually also said in the openCV install page - but who reads install pages;)
if installed the correct version things should work without copying anything anywhere.
Reply #67 - Feb 26th, 2010, 7:42am

CNX- wrote on Nov 26th, 2009, 12:57am:
Hi,

I got NullPointerException with Open CV on widows 7 x6x system on this line

image( opencv.image(), 0, 0 );

OpenCV could not define source dimensions.

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.NullPointerException
     at processing.core.PGraphics.image(PGraphics.java:2179)
     at processing.core.PApplet.image(PApplet.java:7280)
     at face_detection.draw(face_detection.java:66)
     at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1425)
     at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1327)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Anyone have problem like me

Thank for sharing  Wink

I got the same problem!!
using windows 7

can any one slove the problem
Thank you
Reply #68 - Apr 13th, 2010, 9:50am

Hi All,

Well, I've been trying to get OpenCV working on a Windows Vista machine for days now. I've followed all the stuff, installed OpenCV 1.0 like it says, but then the samples in the OpenCV folder won't work (well, at least the ones using a Webcam).

I installed the OpenCV _1.1pre1a,exe version and at least the samples using a webcam work now.

Installed the OpenCV processing stuff, have copied dlls all over the place - System32, Processing root everywhere I can think of and nothing works.
I still get the UnsatisfiedLinkError: hypermedia.video.OpenCV.capture(III)V error

and nothing appears to change it. It also refers to the java library property in the error message, but I'm not sure what that is referring to.

Any...and i mean any help would be gratefully accepted because I'm beginning to loose the will to live with this thing.
Reply #69 - Apr 13th, 2010, 4:58pm

I've had the exact same problems as the others here.
I am running window 7 32 bit and only the non webcam examples work.
This morning, I did a fresh install of XP on an older machine, followed instructions on the library page, and everyone of the examples works.

So this looks like a windows 7 and Vista problem and an update from the library creators and/or OPENCV itself is needed. Stick with XP and all should be well.

Reply #70 - May 2nd, 2010, 8:58pm

steven pickles wrote on Dec 8th, 2009, 1:13am:
hi there, i just had a problem that looked sismilar to this.

i'm on ubuntu (karmic koala) and i had installed the processing library according to the instructions, but all of the examples had problems with openv.capture.

in the end, the problem was: in addition to requiring the installation the opencv package (called libcv1 in ubuntu), the "highgui" library (called libhighgui1 in ubuntu) is also required.

highgui is normally included with opencv, but it is a separate library in ubuntu.

anyhow, i hope this helps someone.

pix

I'm on ubuntu karmic attempting to resolve this issue. I tried installing libhighgui1, but no dice for me. I installed opencv according to the directions at http://subsumption.blogspot.com/2010/02/these-are-instructions-i-used-to.html, but I can't get java to find the native files. What exactly did you do to get it to work on ubuntu
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5