We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
OpenCV library installation problems (Read 58847 times)
Re: OpenCV library installation problems
Reply #45 - Jun 13th, 2009, 6:08pm

THis problem just occurred for me, OS X 10.5.7, after OpenCV was working find inside of Processing. I recalled that I had upped my Java version in Java Preferences, an OS X system control preferences panel. I had it set to Java SE 5. I backed it out to J2SE 5.0 and now it works fine. I suspect it has something to do precisely with what the error indicates - a wrongly configured Java property.

Julian
Reply #46 - Jun 14th, 2009, 7:01am

my windowsXP installation:

- at first i installed the OpenCV 1.0 release
- then i put the DLLs into my processing root directory

(http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8878/opencvfiles.jpg)
(i found these files in another OpenCV-archive on sourcefourge)

- at last i put the DLL from the OpenCV-library into the  processing root directory as well  

-> after these three steps the library works (for me)

thanks for the help everyone

greets iason
Reply #47 - Jun 19th, 2009, 11:53am

Hi,
I finally got OpenCV working (after many frustrating hours like most others here) on my XP system with the step by step instructions given on the OpenCV Processing Library website. The key was to update the folder E:\Program Files\OpenCV\bin in the PATH and REBOOTING system for the changes to take affect. (I also ran some of the executables in the folder E:\Program Files\OpenCV\bin but I dont think they made the difference)

I did not have to copy-paste any dlls, etc. To check if OpenCV is working fine (irrespective of Processing) you can try some the .exe's in E:\Program Files\OpenCV\samples\c . These examples did not work for me when the path was updated and system hadn't rebooted.

Good luck
My Mac Solution : OpenCV library installation prob
Reply #48 - Jun 21st, 2009, 7:15pm

My solution under Mac was :

copy libOpenCV.jnilib to the path where execute jar,
and have framework from hypermedia properly installed - i got it here
ubaa.net/shared/processing/opencv/

I am using this aside from processing.org at the moments , inside netbeans project, but I now manages to run fine ...

Hope it may help you too.
Reply #49 - Aug 17th, 2009, 9:50am

Milind wrote on Jun 19th, 2009, 11:53am:
Hi,
I finally got OpenCV working (after many frustrating hours like most others here) on my XP system with the step by step instructions given on the OpenCV Processing Library website. The key was to update the folder E:\Program Files\OpenCV\bin in the PATH and REBOOTING system for the changes to take affect. (I also ran some of the executables in the folder E:\Program Files\OpenCV\bin but I dont think they made the difference)

I did not have to copy-paste any dlls, etc. To check if OpenCV is working fine (irrespective of Processing) you can try some the .exe's in E:\Program Files\OpenCV\samples\c . These examples did not work for me when the path was updated and system hadn't rebooted.

Good luck

how do you change the path used all the options listed on this thread and none worked. I´m using XP. On my mac it worked fine, since the beginning.

specifically, i have an issue with capture. i changed the camera. the camera(s) works with the video library, but not with open cv. also my opencv works when loading a movie.
Reply #50 - Sep 27th, 2009, 8:02am

Hi,

Here it is working (OpenCV + Java + Ubuntu)

- sudo apt-get install build-essential
- sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libjpeg62-dev libtiff4-dev
- sudo apt-get install libcv1 libcv-dev opencv-doc

download libOpenCV (ubaa.net/shared/processing/opencv/download/opencv_01.zip)

- sudo cp libOpenCV.so /usr/lib

Smiley
Reply #51 - Oct 1st, 2009, 3:18pm

I've tried your method but I've received an

!!! required library not found : /usr/lib/libOpenCV.so: /usr/lib/libOpenCV.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)

I'm on ubuntu64. Any idea?
Reply #52 - Oct 6th, 2009, 1:58am

Posted by: giba
I had that problem also, but then i have reinstalled opencv by following steps on this website ://ubaa.net/shared/processing/opencv/
and now it all works fine.

Idid it... and it works!!!!
thanks giba!
mariana
Reply #53 - Oct 25th, 2009, 7:00am

Smiley 1 post
Reply #54 - Oct 25th, 2009, 7:01am

2 posts
Reply #55 - Oct 25th, 2009, 7:01am

Reply #56 - Oct 25th, 2009, 7:01am

the last one ..
Reply #57 - Oct 25th, 2009, 7:02am

...one more  Undecided
Reply #58 - Oct 25th, 2009, 7:02am

... and now i can post URL...

Hello,

I'm on Ubuntu jaunty, on eeePC,  and i try to install openCV.
I've read this topics and follow instructions on this :
http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/InstallGuide_Linux

i havedo this too :

Code:
sudo cp libOpenCV.so /usr/lib 

but when i try example from opencv library, processing said to me :
Code:

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: hypermedia.video.OpenCV.capture(III)V
at hypermedia.video.OpenCV.capture(Native Method)
at hypermedia.video.OpenCV.capture(OpenCV.java:945)
at blobs.setup(blobs.java:38)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1403)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1328)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

any suggestions ?
Reply #59 - Oct 31st, 2009, 11:44am

mimmuz wrote on Oct 1st, 2009, 3:18pm:
I've tried your method but I've received an

!!! required library not found : /usr/lib/libOpenCV.so: /usr/lib/libOpenCV.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)

I'm on ubuntu64. Any idea

I've solved recompiling the library.

javah -jni hypermedia.video.OpenCV

and

g++ -shared OpenCV.cpp -o libOpenCV.so -I/usr/include/opencv/ -I/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk/include/ -lcv -lhighgui -fPIC
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5