We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Who uses Processing And Why
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Who uses Processing? And Why? (Read 18421 times)
Re: Who uses Processing? And Why?
Reply #60 - Mar 17th, 2009, 1:33pm

My name is Ben Egan, I'm a fourth year architecture student from Newcastle in Australia and am new to Processing.  I'm interested in exploring the possibilities of generative design, and processing seems to be the ideal tool.  I was a programmer in a previous life (with a small amount of  java experience) so it just seems like a natural progression...

Exciting times ahead hopefully!

Reply #61 - Mar 29th, 2009, 7:11am

My name is Aurimas Bukauskas, and I use processing.
I am 16 years old, and attend highschool in Vilnius, Lithuania.  

I started coding with DarkBasic several years ago, tried Actionscript and Java, and now have devoted myself to learning Processing as a tool for visualization, and game design. I was greatly inspired by Robert Hodgin's work with music visualization, and the general artistic potential that I have seen in Processing, based on his and others' output.  

I see coding in Processing as a fundamentally expressive and creative medium, equal to other more 'traditional' media.

I hope to use Processing as a tool for architectural design, and experiment with evolutionary systems.
Reply #62 - Apr 1st, 2009, 12:46pm

I'm known as RobotGrrl, and I use Processing to do visualizations, natural language processing, and AI development.

I build robots, one of my notable robots is MANOI, an athlete humanoid. It has 17DOF and is controlled by a Sanguino and SSC-32. Eventually, I plan to run the robot's AI on Processing, and send the triggering results to the Arduino to actuate a motor.

I currently am interested in starting an AI Library for Processing that will have many algorithms, but they would all be easy to implement. Meaning, you initialize some nodes, call one function, and you get results back.

Check out my site, robotgrrl.com
Reply #63 - May 4th, 2009, 3:39am

In my experience it is used in grad school to introduce novices to the basic concepts of OOP & more specifically java. It's pretty useful as it has basic to complex prototyping capabilities!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5