We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
faster Movie class (Read 33658 times)
Re: faster Movie class
Reply #45 - Feb 7th, 2008, 7:51pm

Not sure if I can give the code out, I will check. But one of the versions was like what fm does, and the other used the ImageProducer/ImageConsumer api. And I don't remember which was which. I think we went with the consumer api in the end, but not sure. Could hack that in sometime and see if it helps, but don't have so much time atm.

That security exception looks weird. Maybe it's from one of apple's recent updates. They had some security problems. Though it doesn't make much sense when the code is run as an application (i.e. not an applet). I saw some mention that one can disable security checking in java, so maybe google for that will help.
Reply #46 - Mar 12th, 2008, 9:19am

hi,i met the same problem,very the same.

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.security.AllPermission <all permissions> <all actions>)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at quicktime.QTCallbackManagement.registerForCallback(QTCallbackManagement.java:24)

why?maybe some mistakes about the zip of qt for API?i did nothing about it.
Reply #47 - Mar 28th, 2008, 11:34pm

I'm having the same problem with Processing 0133 Beta and version 7.4.1 of QuickTime.  I've also tried it with Processing 0135.

I've tried loading .avi and .mov files uses the fastermovie examples, but it always crashes.  I was poking around with some println statements.  Based on these experiments, I've determined that the crash occurs when the FasterMovie constructor makes the call to Movie.prePreroll.

I'm using a PC running Windows XP SP2 tablet edition.

Has anyone seen this work on a PC running Windows XP?  Based on the error message that Processing returns, it seems like something needs to be set in the java.policy file.  I tried to read up on that at see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/security/PolicyFiles.html

but I don't understand what I need to modify.

Please help!!!!

thanks,

Michael
Reply #48 - Apr 12th, 2008, 6:59am

Hi does anyone have any idea why I'd be getting this error??

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.

I'm on pc running xp sp2 with java "jdk1.6.0_05", and "jre1.6.0_05" and processing 135

I was trying to use this new method in hope that it would solve My application export Problem which I'm having. Does anyone know how to get applets working which contain videos?? I've been reading everything I can think of on this forum but seem to be doing loops Sad

Reply #49 - Apr 12th, 2008, 8:43am

I don't think this has to do with fm. You just ran out of heap space. fm might have just aggravated it since it needs a bit. Please consult the java documentation on how to increase your heapspace (I think on the command line it is some -Xm option or such)

best

daniel
Reply #50 - Apr 18th, 2008, 6:13pm

sun wrote on Mar 12th, 2008, 9:19am:
hi,i met the same problem,very the same.

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.security.AllPermission <all permissions> <all actions>)
at quicktime.QTCallbackManagement.registerForCallback(QTCallbackManagement.java:24)

hi, same problem here. I'm running standard XP pro, and the latest Quicktime from the apple website.

anyone following up on this

thanks, jo
Reply #51 - Apr 18th, 2008, 6:48pm

Can all who have this problem please test with the native movie class also?

Best

Daniel
Reply #52 - Apr 18th, 2008, 8:01pm

maddanio wrote on Apr 18th, 2008, 6:48pm:
Can all who have this problem please test with the native movie class also

Best

Daniel

hi daniel,

i've tried the example code from the Movie class and that runs fine.

jo
Reply #53 - Apr 18th, 2008, 9:05pm

ok,

does the applet actually crash, or does it just print this error and not play the movie? In the latter case I would insert more verbose error printing (to find out where it is from) and if someone runs that we should know more.

edit:

ok, I updated the code, it now prints where an error comes from and also removed a callback that was useless, so maybe that already fixes the problem.
Reply #54 - Apr 19th, 2008, 5:37am

Hi there,
Thanks for the all the work you've thrown into this project!

I've run the updated code and received this error:

Semantic Error: The abstract method "int execute(quicktime.std.movies.Movie $1, int $2, int $3, float $4);", inherited from type "quicktime.std.movies.MovieProgress", is not implemented in the non-abstract class "Temporary_1268_535$FasterMovie"

I'm running Processing 0135 Beta on Win XP and the most recent QT update.  The applet does not run, only the console error is displayed.

thanks!
Steve
Reply #55 - Apr 19th, 2008, 2:26pm

Hi,

thx, I dont mind. I always find it sad when a pice of code just rots, so I give it some love now and then Smiley

Ok, I just forgot to remove an interface specification. fixed
Reply #56 - Apr 19th, 2008, 2:53pm

maddanio wrote on Apr 19th, 2008, 2:26pm:
Hi,

thx, I dont mind. I always find it sad when a pice of code just rots, so I give it some love now and then Smiley

Ok, I just forgot to remove an interface specification. fixed

i still get the error message below. however, the movie does seem to play now(in a loop).

i've got sound but no picture.

jo

Reply #57 - Apr 20th, 2008, 4:35pm

I'm seeing the same behaviour.  The applet is running, there is sound, but no video.  The error message is:

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.security.AllPermission <all permissions> <all actions>) at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source) at quicktime.QTCallbackManagement.registerForCallback(QTCallbackManagement.java:24)

thanks!
Steve
Reply #58 - Apr 20th, 2008, 8:26pm

Hmm, what I feared: it doesn't seem to be permitted to install the callback that tells teh app when there is something to draw. This is kinda bad though, as using this callback instead of continuously seeking in the movie as the processing version does is what makes it fast. and it is rally the canonical way to do it: the app should be the slave to the movie, and display the data as it comes. I (or anyone who feels up to it) will have to check on the java-qt mailing list and/or the java docs about the permissions. I think someone here also mentioned you could alter the security policy somehow, though this might make it cease to run in the web. anyhow, its really silly and there should be a cleaner solution. Will report back here if I find any news.

---

Best

Daniel
Reply #59 - Apr 20th, 2008, 8:32pm

tnx daniel,
your effort is much appreciated.

jo
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5