We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
faster Movie class (Read 33659 times)
Re: faster Movie class
Reply #60 - Apr 20th, 2008, 10:31pm

ok, scanning the qt-java archives, but nothing yet. since these reports seemed to come at a certain time, and not before I suppose it is some update issue. Any idea what happened? did you do an update? do you remember which? java/quicktime version before/after?

Also: can someone send me a minimal test case?

Best

Daniel
Reply #61 - Apr 21st, 2008, 8:07am

hi,

sorry, i did a fresh install of quicktime so no before/after scenario for me. my current version info is:

java version "1.6.0_02"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_02-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_02-b06, mixed mode, sharing)
Quicktime 7.4.5

I was trying to get the FastMovieExample that was referred to earlier in this thread to run. so i guess you already have that testcase Wink

jo

Reply #62 - Apr 28th, 2008, 12:49pm

Hi Maddanio,
Thanks again for working on this library.  Have you had the chance to investigate the problem of the video not playing?

Cheers,
Steve
Reply #63 - Apr 28th, 2008, 11:08pm

Hi,

Got swamped in work and other activities (it is getting nice outside....).

undef (or anyone else having this problem): I could not find which example you refer to. Can you send me a sketch that doesnt work on your system? Preferably only with a very small movie.
Reply #64 - Apr 29th, 2008, 6:26pm

hi maddanio,
yes... it's been great weather last week. "luckily" it started to rain today so here's the example code:

=====
FasterMovie fm;
PImage mImage;

void setup ()
{
   size(640,480);
   fm = new FasterMovie(this, "C:\\nixon.mov", false);
   fm.loop();
   background( 0 );
}

void draw ()
{
   //image( fm, 0,0, width, height );
   if ( mImage != null ) image( mImage, 0,0);
}

void movieImageAvailable ( PImage _movieImage )
{
   mImage = _movieImage;
}

=====

i've uploaded the small nixon.mov (and the .pde) to:

http://oepfuchueche.net/dump/

jo
Reply #65 - May 29th, 2008, 7:50pm

Bump.

I just started looking at the fasterMovie class, and am eager to see it work, but have been having exactly the same problems that everyone else has been describing here. Has anyone had any more luck with this?
Reply #66 - May 30th, 2008, 8:51am

Hi,

Sorry, haven't got much time these days. I have a test case sitting on my machine, waiting to be debugged. Maybe next week Smiley.
Reply #67 - May 22nd, 2009, 6:33pm

I'm trying to use the FasterMovie class to display multiple videos simultaneously.  It works great unless the sketch in Present mode, which is imperative for this project.  The sketch crashes, but Processing doesn't close out completely.  I'm getting memory-related errors.  Here's the error from Processing's console:

Invalid memory access of location 00000000 eip=94936910

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply #68 - May 23rd, 2009, 7:45pm

I've got a nice chunky dump log to accompany this error.  Wow...that sounded strange.  Anyway, I've pastebin-ed the log.  Since this forum won't let me post a URL, I've had to exclude the protocol portion of the URL and break it into a couple of lines:

pastebin.com/
f518b8a60

I sure hope someone can help!

Thanks,
Brennon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5