We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
export troubles (Read 3242 times)
export troubles
Apr 22nd, 2010, 5:00pm

hi, i recently stumbled upon a processing experiment that some friends and i started a few years ago and i had forgotten why we abandoned it until today. when we export it as an application (for windows) it runs fine. but when exported as an application on a mac or just export with the html file, just a little white box appears, not the program.

i am totally stumped. i think maybe it has something to do with the fact that we're using ess for sound files? not sure. here's a link to the project, with the source codes:
velvetcrayon.com/petri_bugs/

any help would be totally appreciated. thank you in advance!
p.s. it's not 100% finished, especially the instructions in the beginning, they aren't the final draft. thanks again!
Re: export troubles
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2010, 10:21pm

We cannot access the source code.
But I see in the Java console: Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/opengl/glu/GLUtessellatorCallback
Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2010, 12:53pm

i don't know why the source code wasn't showing up. i switched them to txt files so that they well. thanks again!
Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2010, 2:01pm

Are you sure ESS can play these WAV files on Mac? Wav is a Windows-specific format, and moreover a "shell" format, allowing various codecs. If your program works fine in the PDE on the Mac, the issue might not be there...
Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2010, 6:57pm

yeah, the pde works just fine. i got the application export working fine on windows and a mac now but the online version is still a problem.. i looked up that message you said was showing up in the java console but i couldn't find a solution? apparently it was a bug that they say was fixed? i tried re-exporting with a newer version of processing but the same thing happens.
Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2010, 1:04pm

It is an OpenGL error. Are you sure all OpenGL classes are included?
Beside, I am not sure why you use this mode as your sketch seems to be 2D.
Last remark: you use
Code:
void setup()
{
frameRate(45); //set frame rate
size(SCREENWIDTH, SCREENHEIGHT, OPENGL); //window size

First, size() should be the first instruction of setup() (see the ref).
Second, it should have literal numbers, and in the program, you should use width variable instead of SCREENWIDTH and height variable instead of SCREENHEIGHT.
Thus Processing will know which size to set for your applet.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1