We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Export problems (Read 2590 times)
Export problems
Mar 16th, 2010, 3:27pm

I've never had problems with exporting before, but today I do. I'll post one of the error messages below. Sometimes it just says 'error during export'. The set of files that are created are incomplete, or if I try to run them I get a message saying that this file 'is not supported on this architecture'. I'm using Processing 1.1 on an Apple Quad-Core running 10.5.8.

Exception in thread "Thread-11" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
     at processing.app.Base.loadBytesRaw(Base.java:1919)
     at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplication(Sketch.java:2385)
     at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplication(Sketch.java:2222)
     at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplicationPrompt(Sketch.java:2199)
     at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportAppHandler.run(Editor.java:2117)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
Re: Export problems
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2010, 2:36am

I've since read this:

http://processing.org/reference/troubleshooting/#memory

But changing the memory allocation in Processing preferences has not solved the problem. I should also add that I can export some sketches but not others.
Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2010, 5:23am

I can't find the 'not supported on this architecture' message in Processing's source code (not even 'architecture' word). So I guess this message comes from your OS.
Beside that, I can't say much on this error. Is your code particularly large? Does it has files in data folder? Are they large? Do you use libraries? Are you exporting as applets or applications?
Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2010, 3:04am

Thanks for asking that question about the data files, PhiLho. Yes, I had a couple of large audio files, and deleting them has solved the problem. But why does this cause a problem?
Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2010, 4:43am

Perhaps the files to compress are loaded in memory.
You can try and run the PDE with bigger memory settings, I suppose, although I am not too sure how to do it.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1