We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Sindon 3D Interactive Experience with Stereo Anagl
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Sindon 3D Interactive Experience with Stereo Anagl (Read 3018 times)
Sindon 3D Interactive Experience with Stereo Anagl
Apr 20th, 2010, 7:43am

We made a Sindon 3D Interactive Experience with Stereo Anaglyph visualization using processing (very fun coding experience!)

You can view the applet at

http:   //eidos.di.unito.it/anaglyph/ (yes, broken link, as this is my first post...)

An opengl enabled videocard is required, and parts of the code were borrowed from the processing samples (thanks a lot!).
The algorithm is taken from prof. Tamburelli works and was the first 3D image of the sindon face.

Enjoy Smiley

sergio.
Re: Sindon 3D Interactive Experience with Stereo Anagl
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2010, 8:16am

When I click on it.. it tries to download the jnlp.php file instead of running it server side.
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2010, 12:35pm

Yes, it's a java web start application; it was the only way I found to download the correct opengl libraries needed to run.
I tested the app on W2K/WXP/7-32bit and 7-64bit with firefox or iexplorer.
The direct use of opengl was the only way to get a decent framerate, taking ideas from an example on processing.org, so you need to run it out of the webpage.
It seems that on linux does'nt work, but i'vent got the time to check why, probably opengl native problems.

hope it's enough.
Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2010, 12:38pm

When I click the php file on my mac, it opens up in NetBeans.
Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2010, 1:18pm

You must check the  .jnlp  association into the web browser is bound to a java vm; i'll ask to my mac-expert tomorrow for more hints.
Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2010, 1:39pm

1. Firefox can't do it, but with safari it works.
2. The sketch  doesnt works for me. I mean, i tried it with my 3d glasses but i couldnt view the 3d perspective...
anyways. thats a good mesh though
Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2010, 4:18pm

Did you use the keys B and V to get eye separation ?
Initially the visualization is simply 3d but not stereo enabled.
With 7-8-9-0 keys you can select variuos anaglyph models, depending on color combination of your lens.

Yes I know, i need to write an help page, in the near future...
Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2010, 11:00am

yeah I saw that eye separation that u made but it just dont do it.. i mean i see it! but I dont feel the 3d magic ! loll
Reply #8 - May 24th, 2010, 2:42pm

A new release of my simple work on the turin Shroud; we're going to  show it into the TOSM event (www.tosm.it).
It's opengl based and can be found as the same url http://di.unito.it/sindone

Bye.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1