We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentCore,  Processing Development Environment (PDE) › Is save on NEW broken please help
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Is save on NEW broken? please help (Read 1241 times)
Is save on NEW broken? please help
Feb 2nd, 2010, 9:48pm

I am new here and having problems with what appears to be a bad bug with saving changes.  The exact sequence is:  1) open a file, make changes 2) press new to create a new file 3) when prompted if save is desired, select save. 4) a blank screen then comes up. 5) go back to the previous file by reopening and the changes are not seen.

Either the file was saved elsewhere or there is a misleading bug.  I have lost a lot of work two days in a row.  Please help Sad
Re: Is save on NEW broken? please help
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2010, 8:16am

I was able to recreate the bug on my own machine so I submitted it with my own code as bug 1456. I would link to it but the forums are preventing me because of my post count.

If you have more to add ( your OS, etc ) you should add it in on that ticket. Until this gets resolved, get compulsive about using the shortcut keys for saving your sketch. Apple+S or Ctrl+S.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1