We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › drawing with wii
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
drawing with wii (Read 1081 times)
drawing with wii
Dec 6th, 2009, 12:06pm

Hello,
I'm still a beginner when programming is concerned.
I would like to draw something on the screen with my wii:

This is what I would like to get:

rolling defines drawing direction: rolling to left: drawing direction = right and rolling to right: drawing to left.

I choose colours with a self fabricated dance mat with Itten's colour wheel on it. To change the colour I know how to do that because the dance mat is made with a numeric keyboard. Only I don't know how to change saturation of the colour by the pitch of the Wii.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thank you!

Luc
Re: drawing with wii
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2009, 12:53pm

I think you need to be clearer about what you need to know.  Do you already know how to access data from the Wii remote  If not look at the wrj4P5 library.
Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2009, 1:44pm

Hey,

I was kind of planning to work with Darwiinremote...

I tried to download the wrj4P5 library but it didn't work. I don't know why but the jar file doesn't want top open.

So, basically I need to now 2 movements of the wii: pitch and rolling.
The Wii will be attached to a person's chest. When he turns left, drawing should go from right to left. When he turns right, drawing should go from left to right. When this person bends forward, the colour that is chosen by triggering a button on a dancemat should be come more saturated (lighter). When the person leans backwards, the colour should become less saturated (darker)

is this info ok?

greetings,
Luc
Reply #3 - Dec 6th, 2009, 1:56pm

I suppose it needs the motion plus to get the pitch value?
Reply #4 - Dec 6th, 2009, 3:02pm

Haven't used Darwiinremote - does that interface with Processing easily, or would you just use it to control mouse position and read that in Processing?  I remember having a couple of problems getting the wrj4P5 library running in Processing (but Classiclll is usually really helpful!) and it is admittedly a little picky about what Bluetooth you use; but once I got over those inconveniences I found it worked really well - and you get the raw data direct in Processing rather than bodging with mouse positions...

There are definitely limitations with a standard controller - you'll find it's not possible (or at least incredibly difficult) to register any rotation around the y-axis (as such it may not work to register a person turning left/right - so yes you may need the motion plus), but it's really good for registering tilt to left/right/forward/back...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1