We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpElectronics,  Serial Library › Drawing text from Arduino Serial Output
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Drawing text from Arduino Serial Output (Read 2027 times)
Drawing text from Arduino Serial Output
Nov 3rd, 2009, 5:01am

Hi,
I really cant work out whats not working!
I can get Processing to read in the serial data - using a example sketch.
What i want to do next is update some next inside the draw window.
But i keep on getting font needs to be in data folder, but i cant find the data folder! Any suggestions?

thanks

Peter
Re: Drawing text from Arduino Serial Output
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2009, 6:39am

Use the tool menue to create the font file . A data folder is then created in your sketch folder containing the font file. If you just copied the loadfont part from an example. change it to the font you just created.
Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2009, 6:18am

Thanks for the reply! That's been bothering me for days.
I can use the text command to print a value, but everytime it updates to a new value it just overwrites the old one so i'm left with a mess.
Any suggestions on how i get it to cleanly refresh every time new data is read in??

Thanks

Pete
Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2009, 8:18am

sure, call background(150);
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1