We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › saveToWeb Novice...Completely confused
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
saveToWeb Novice...Completely confused (Read 838 times)
saveToWeb Novice...Completely confused
Oct 11th, 2009, 3:22am

Hi,

I am quite new to Processing and trying to get my head round how things work. I feel that in this instance I may have missed some fundamental point because of ignorance.
I have just installed the library for saveToWeb in Processing and put the upload.php online and created a "saved" folder in the same dir as the php.
I have created a test app using the example.pde.
I have assigned the url variable in the example to the web address of the upload.php.

I have tested it locally and it creates files locally but doesn't upload anything to the server. In fact I get no feedback or debugging at all. I think I'm missing something.

Should the processing file be online?
Are their addtional files that should be online?

Any help would be much appreciated. I know this may repeat a question someone else might have written. But I have searched the forums and found nothing as basic as my question.

thanks

Maz
Re: saveToWeb Novice...Completely confused
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2009, 5:19am

The example file has an if-statement checking if you're online.. if you're online (if the applet is on a webserver), it sends the file.
Just remove the if-statement, and you should be good to test locally
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1