We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › Issues with Carnivore
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Issues with Carnivore (Read 938 times)
Issues with Carnivore
Sep 18th, 2009, 11:02am

If this is the wrong place to post I apologize. Newbe to processing.

All three sketches show blank on one laptop and and PC and work fine on my third laptop.  

Wireshark captures packets fine on all three.

All are running XP, and I have updated NIC drivers and Java, Processing to 1.0.7 and still nothing. I want to get these working on all my PCs

Help!

Below if from the non-working PC.

[org.rsg.carnivore.CarnivoreP5] starting carnivore core
[org.rsg.carnivore.Core] starting Carnivore core...
[org.rsg.carnivore.net.Devices] Found network devices: {\Device\NPF_GenericDialupAdapter=  Adapter for generic dialup and VPN capture, \Device\NPF_{C1B5AD0F-0533-42AA-8E2D-6F992C7EE193}=  Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Driver (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler) }

[org.rsg.carnivore.Core] Warning -- can't open device "\Device\NPF_GenericDialupAdapter" (CaptureDeviceOpenException)

[org.rsg.carnivore.Core] starting PacketCacheThread
[org.rsg.carnivore.Core] addCarnivoreListener: org.rsg.carnivore.CarnivoreP5@1ba6076
[org.rsg.carnivore.Preferences] loading preference file
[org.rsg.carnivore.Preferences] saving prefs to disk
[CarnivoreP5] dispose()

Thanks,
Scott
Re: Issues with Carnivore
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2009, 11:45am

Hi,

did you have any sollution for this problem? I got the same message and thus carnivore doesn't work at my system.

lg
Timm
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1