We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 3 
JMCVideo 1.2 (Read 24543 times)
video replay problem
Reply #30 - Jan 30th, 2010, 11:07am

Hello,

I've tried VideoSwitchGL example with different resolution videos. The problem is, that the bigger video always leaves the last frame on the background and I can't get rid of it (drawing rectangles, ..., it always reappears). Seems like the image buffer holds the old frame and it is not cleared.

Hacking it through empty (black) full resolution image would probably be possible, but is there a cleaner way to do this?
Also problem with P2D renderer
Reply #31 - Jan 30th, 2010, 3:55pm

I've been trying to use P2D renderer with a movie (I know that OPENGL is faster, but it's slower for pixel data and I need to choose one -- this time I need fast pixel data, so I need to somehow play video). I think there's some kind of deadlock. Sometimes when a video stops to play, I get stuck in some function (this time it is setMute).

videoCurrentMovie.switchVideo(videoFileName);              
             videoCurrentMovie.setMute(videoMute);

This is the code (the movie, that was playing before switchVideo stopped playing already).

Stack trace:

"Animation Thread" prio=5 tid=0x01866800 nid=0xb1636000 waiting on condition [0xb1635000]
  java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (sleeping)
       at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
       at jmcvideo.VideoUtils.sleep(VideoUtils.java:68)
       at jmcvideo.JMC.waitUntilReady(JMC.java:510)
       at jmcvideo.JMC.isMuted(JMC.java:592)
       at jmcvideo.JMC.setMute(JMC.java:580)

Re: JMCVideo 1.2
Reply #32 - Jan 30th, 2010, 4:19pm

Sorry for flooding. The last problems, I got them solved (partially):

The remaining buffered image part is simple. After switchVideo, call:

myMovie.bufferedImage = null;

(this could be probably called from switchVideo itself, as video resolution may change, different buffer image is probably required).

The second problem is more difficult. As I don't use streaming, this works well for me:

class JMCMovieJrj extends JMCMovie {
  public boolean isReady()
 {
  return true;
 }

public JMCMovieJrj(PApplet parent, String filename, int pixelFormat) {
  super(parent, filename, pixelFormat);
 }
}

And I use this subclass instead of JMCMovie.

It probably may crash badly for reasons I don't yet understand. But it didn't so far.
Reply #33 - Feb 1st, 2010, 7:19am

Good day,
i am sorry to disturb you, but i had found this thread and hope to find a solution. Maybe you can answer me some questions or gimme a hint. I have some trouble with running jmc on mac os x to play a video-sequence. Windows already works with the jmc.dll, but mac OS is still a big problem for me. What is the pendant-file to jmc.dll?
Reply #34 - Mar 11th, 2010, 7:13pm

Almitra wrote on Aug 15th, 2009, 4:43pm:
HI,

I am also having trouble.  I have followed the directions and installed just the JavaFX 1.2 (not NetBeans) and organized my folder exactly as directed.  I have the following files in Processing/libraries/jmcvideo/library/

jmc.jar
jmcServerDaemon
jmcvideo.jar
libCoreVideoSupport.jnilib

I am trying to run VideoSwitchGL and keep getting the exception:

the package "jmcvideo" does not exist.  You might be missing a library.  

I'm pretty sure everything is set up right; however, I'm fairly new to processing.  

thanks

I'm having the same exact problem(and have xcode installed as well) but didn't understand the fix mentioned by Almitra below this post.  Does anyone else have this library running on a Snow Leopard machine with xcode installed  Thanks,

-Brian
Reply #35 - Mar 15th, 2010, 3:37pm

hey i'm having trouble getting the library working, i keep getting an error         ---  jmc library does not exist.----

i've just installed processing 1.1 and I got the 3 files  jmcvideo.jar, jmc.jar (which i had to get from github as i could not find it on the JMC site!), jmc.dll in the right folder and i've downloaded and installed the JavaFX 1.2 which didn't have the files needed.

I have used the library before and had no problems why is it so difficult to work with now??

The instructions on the site could be clearer and would it be possible to put all the nessesary files into 1 zip file??? I've been fighting with this for 2 hours and am fairly fed up with it at this stage
Reply #36 - Apr 5th, 2010, 8:58am

hello i'm quite new to programming

is it possible to use the processing video library _together_ with jmc?-
especially the frame differencing/ pixel analysis things - i couldnt find any alternatives in jmc.

cant get it work - if its not possible :  i'm still searching for a video library which enables me to change the video in real time with a good memory performance..
any suggestions?

thanks Smiley
Reply #37 - Apr 5th, 2010, 11:43am

Hi, JMC seems like a promising alternative to the Quicktime format. I've spent some time with it, but I've some trouble running mp4 files. I have installed both the k-lite and the CCCP codec packs (separately though), but that did not resolve the problem.

I played with VideoLoop.pde from the jmc processing site, and I get:
'MediaUnsupportedException: Unsupported media: file:/...mp4'.

I've tried the different loading schemes, but same thing:
movieFromDataPath("c:\\s.mp4");
movieFromFile("c:\\s.mp4");
movieFromURL("c:\\s.mp4");    // This doesn't work at all

My library folder is setup:
/libraries/jmcvideo/library/jmc.jar
/libraries/jmcvideo/library/jmc.dll

Why doesn't JMC recognize the codec packs I installed? mp4 files work fine with the Quicktime library... Has anyone gotten mp4 files to work on Windows using JMC?

Thanks!
Reply #38 - Apr 6th, 2010, 3:05am

Hi,
I do have a question as well. When I use a movie that includes an alpha channel, the part that shouldn't be visible turns out to be gray. Do I have to do something to make use of the alpha channel?
The trick of masking the file with itself is not going to work because i need a lot of movie's in my sketch and its running to slow when i do that.

Thanks in advance.
Reply #39 - Apr 25th, 2010, 12:05am

rcone wrote on Apr 5th, 2010, 11:43am:
Hi, JMC seems like a promising alternative to the Quicktime format. I've spent some time with it, but I've some trouble running mp4 files.

I have installed FFDSHOW codec pack and HaaliMediaSplitter, which I think is mandatory on most case. I can play .mp4 (avc/aac) files made by ffmpeg tools.
environment: WindowsXP-SP3, latest Java 1.6.x
Reply #40 - Jun 1st, 2010, 10:48am

tried out JMC video lib on OSX 10.5 works like a charm. i couldn't use it on xp. i've read the thread, and saw older versions are running on winXP, is there a place where i can grab older versions till the new improvements come out?

another question: i built an application for win (on OSX) but doesn't work at all. any ideas? (XP SP2, latest JAVA, QT7 installed)

keep on the good work, i really like this library
thanx,
Pages: 1 2 3