We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › proHtml and data-mining...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
proHtml and data-mining... (Read 671 times)
proHtml and data-mining...
May 10th, 2009, 8:41am

Hi,
Im trying to take the images off of a website and I'm having trouble
finding the images.  Im using ProHtml.  The website is:

http://labs.ideeinc.com/multicolr

I load the HTML tree, but the images aren't there.  Anybody ever try to data-mine this site?  Thanks!
Re: proHtml and data-mining...
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2009, 10:12am

Quote:
the images aren't there

Where?
You won't find images in the HTML you can download.
You will find URLs of these images, absolute or relative. In the latter case, you will need to compute the full URL.
Then you will be able to download the images themselves (if the site allows it!).
Reply #2 - May 10th, 2009, 10:52am

PhiLho,
Thanks for the input!  I actually did try that also, but neither the image links nor the thumbnail images are accessible.  You wouldn't happen to know how to get around them do you?
Reply #3 - May 10th, 2009, 1:03pm

Ah, I hadn't checked the page yet.
That's understandable. The HTML section where the images are displayed is: <div id="result_images"></div>
Which is empty, as you can see, while I can see the URLs with Firebug (they are stored on Amazon's storage service).
That's because the page is actually generated with JavaScript.

Funnily, I just found today a library that might help: HtmlUnit. It can execute JavaScript on the page, so it might be what you need.
And no, I have no idea how to use it (yet).
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1