We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Resizing the PDE (Read 1654 times)
Resizing the PDE
Jun 27th, 2008, 4:36pm

This is more of an aesthetic preference issue rather than something that needs to be "fixed."  But it would be nice to have this feature!  

It would be great if the PDE remembered my preference for the size of the sketch window and its orientation on my desktop.  If I'm working with multiple sketches but don't want to have them all open at the same time, every time I open one I always have to resize it and it just gets annoying after awhile.  I like to have my sketch window set up a certain way on my desktop (so I can have access to certain folders on the desktop, etc.) and it would be great if Processing remembered the way I like to work.

Again, nothing that's driving me to insanity or anything, but, you know, it's the little things Wink
Re: Resizing the PDE
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2008, 10:10pm

if you quit the application with four sketches open, the next time you run the application, it should re-open those four sketches, all using the exact same window location and window size. if that's not happening, please file a bug report so i can fix it.
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2008, 10:26pm

There does appear to be a bit of an issue in that if you normally close processing by clicking on the X in the corner of the only open window, that doesn't count as "quitting" in the "save state" way, and the state is only saved if you actually do file->quit.

I'll add this to the Bug DB. Though I suspect that technically this is the "right" behaviour (as far as the PDE s concerned), even though it may not be the best behaviour.
Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2008, 12:07am

I usually X out of the sketch window rather than file->quitting, but I just experimented with using the file->quit method and I am getting the same result.  Every time I start up processing, I get a blank sketch window in the little default size in the middle of my screen.  I am using it on Windows XP, version 0135.
Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2008, 3:40am

again, please file a bug report in the bugs database: http://dev.processing.org/bugs
Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2008, 1:06pm

Personally, I have tweaked my preferences.txt file to get a descent window size:

console.lines=16
default.window.height=1024
default.window.width=800

and I am happy with that... Cheesy
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1