We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Promidi error while importing library
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Promidi error while importing library (Read 830 times)
Promidi error while importing library
Mar 3rd, 2008, 4:24am

I've been trying to get the promidi library to work but whenever i try to import the library i receive this error:

C:/DOCUME~1/Shepard/LOCALS~1/Temp/build62541.tmp/Temporary_7542_1191.java:4:60:4
:66: Semantic Error: Type "PApplet" is imported on demand from package "processing.core" and package "promidi".

I extracted the zip into the library directory as per the instructions.  I've scoured the net for tutorials or any sort of help and have found nothing please please help me.
Re: Promidi error while importing library
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2008, 4:41am

I figured out the problem in case someone has a similar issue.    

Promidi 1.0 works fine but Promidi version 2.0 is not zipped correctly.  If you just extract all the files into the libraries folder it will make a promidi folder inside the promidi folder these files should actually be in the main promidi folder. so basically move all the files in

C:\processing\libraries\promidi\promidi\

to

C:\processing\libraries\promidi\
Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2008, 4:32pm

Hi. I have a similar problem. I moved the library and the importation of the library works fine but when  I play a sample program, it stops on :  "midiIO.openInput(1,0);" (or other values than 1,0). Can it be my midi device that is not right (it works with director's midi xtra)
Reply #3 - May 25th, 2008, 4:05am

Hey, I think I have the same problem.  I'm using ProMIDI w/ Mac OSX Leopard.  I placed ProMIDI in the "libraries" folder and removed the contents of the 2nd "proMIDI" folder and placed them one tier up.  But when I run the program it still gives me the error asking me to specify a path.  I worked around the error by using "add file" and opening "promidi.jar" but is this enough to run the entire program? Or would I have to add every single file?
Reply #4 - May 25th, 2008, 8:15am

strange, i didn't have a jar file in my copy. Normally a jar file is a compilation of java files, so it should have all the files zipped inside it.  So you should be fine just opening the one file.
Reply #5 - May 25th, 2008, 6:04pm

yah I still don't understand why the program doesn't see the folder but if this is all I have to do to get around the problem, then I don't have one

Reply #6 - May 25th, 2008, 6:41pm

If you click on sketch > import a library, there is the proMidi Lib?
Reply #7 - May 25th, 2008, 7:19pm

No

(edit)
wait..... Yes  
I downloaded MMJ yesterday -- that might've done the trick.
Reply #8 - Jun 2nd, 2008, 11:03am

Please make sure that you have installed the latest version.

Download for osx is:
http://texone.org/promidi/promidi_mac.zip

Download for windows is:
http://texone.org/promidi/promidi.zip

I have checked the lib and had no Problems with PApplet beeing imported twice. I also got all available inputs.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1