We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › Which Cameras work on which system etc.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Which Cameras work on which system etc. (Read 658 times)
Which Cameras work on which system etc.
Nov 21st, 2007, 2:15am

It would be Useful to just state which USB or FireWire Cameras work with Processing and the Video-Library, without telling too much around the schitzel:

HIGOTO SimpleCam Pro (USB) does not work on Mac Intel 10.4.11, 10.5

Error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't find any capture devices, read the video reference for more info.

Which USB Cams do work?
Re: Which Cameras work on which system etc.
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2007, 3:30am

for mac you may also check macam "macam is a driver for USB webcams on Mac OS X. It allows hundreds of USB webcams to be used by many Mac OS X video-aware applications."
have a look at the supported camera list here. the cameras i used on my mac with macam worked in processing as well.
best,
andi
Re: Which Cameras work on which system etc.
Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2007, 9:06am

jep. was about to propose that too ...

i even found cams working that are not on the list.

F
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1