We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › beginner trying to implement ESS
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
beginner trying to implement ESS (Read 1222 times)
beginner trying to implement ESS
Dec 9th, 2006, 12:20am

I am trying to bring the ESS folder into my Processing Libraries folder, but I keep getting a message "The item "ESS" cannot be moved because "libraries" cannot be modified." I have checked the folder information and it looks like I can read and write to it. What am I doing wrong?
Re: beginner trying to implement ESS
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2006, 12:53am

sorry for the dumb post, i figured it out.
Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2006, 3:48am

WAIT! I have the same dumb question!!!! You figured it out? Help. I've been trying for 2 hours. I feel dumb.

Thanks!
Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2006, 2:35pm

This happens most commonly if you not have properly installed Processing from the disk image (and are just launching it directly from there).  Copy everything into the Applications folder first (I am assuming you are on a Mac.)  Otherwise, you could check your disk permissions.

Dan
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1