We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 17
controlP5 (Read 126747 times)
Re: controlP5
Reply #15 - Jun 20th, 2007, 8:31am

Allright, found it, I know I should allways look in the documentation! Thanks anyway!
Reply #16 - Jun 20th, 2007, 2:43pm

Hi andi

I like the look of the new release. But I have a couple of questions. In the case of the .setLabel("Name") function, is it possible to align this text to center?

Am I right in thinking that the placement of the text has changed in this release to be a set distance from the edge of the button instead of being centered using theName as a string (not that I'm complaining I kinda like it that way)

And last thing, going back to the idea Bas had about the 2D overlay on a 3D sketch. Is this possible? perhaps get the camera matrix and use it to transform the ControlP5 object before it gets drawn. Just a thought cause it's a cool idea.

Keep up the great work andi

MattD(polymonkey)
Reply #17 - Jun 27th, 2007, 7:35am

Hi Andy

Thought you should know I'm getting this error

Error: java.lang.NullPointerException

when I use a dropEvent. Checked my code and it works fine on version 0.1.1 but throws up the error in version 0.1.8.

MattD
Reply #18 - Jul 4th, 2007, 10:51am

Hello,
I'm a french newbie in "procesing world".
I use the very nice ControlIP5 Library, But Label's control seem to be too small. For exemple, for a toggle, the label "play/stop" is not entirely visible. Have you a solution ?

Jimmy

NB : Sorry for the poor english i speak.
Reply #19 - Jul 20th, 2007, 8:28pm

New to Processing, Java, and ControlP5...but, anyway, I was wondering what escape sequence will produce a new line in Textlabel?

Everything I insert into the Textlabel (char(10), str(char(10), \n, etc.) seems to throw the "NullPointerException" (some "array out of bounds"--maybe a Processing thing?)

I also second the text centering request! (Allow simple HTML?)

Finally, I'm trying to use ControlP5 in a P3D context, so also struggling a little with the smoothing being applied to that otherwise pixel-perfect font. (It's a little hard to read when smoothed at its default size.)

Thanks for any tips!
Reply #20 - Jul 25th, 2007, 9:31pm

Wondering if/how it is possible to start a sketch with focus inside of a controlP5 component (a TextField for example)??
thanks! -dc
Reply #21 - Sep 7th, 2007, 1:02pm

I've got some ControlP5 Queries too!

Two things :

1) Regarding Controlwindows : I've noticed that when I've told controlP5 to open two windows ( The second window is opened via a button on the first window ), the second window often doesn't spawn at it's correct size, rather a 50x50(ish) square.  This tends to be much more frequent when running from an exported application, and less when running within the processing IDE

2) Regarding textfields : Is there any way to get the data from a textfield without having to press *enter* within that field ? Is this blazingly obvious and I've missed something ?

Thanks!
Reply #22 - Sep 13th, 2007, 11:53pm

hello there,

first of all thanks for the hard work you put into cP5.

second, i have a problem:

the knob example is not working. i get this error message:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

also the 'controlP5basics' example is not working, producing the same error message. all other examples, without the 'knob' are working fine.

anyone?
Reply #23 - Sep 13th, 2007, 11:59pm

I had the same problem slex, Didn't know how to fix it - so I just don't use knobs. Smiley
Reply #24 - Sep 14th, 2007, 12:08am

thanks for the reply,

what a pitty, thats no solution in my case.
Reply #25 - Sep 14th, 2007, 3:43am

hi,
on the controlP5 website you may download version 0.2.0, almost finished - if i could buy time i would. examples are included in the zip file. the library did grow quiet a bit, therefore i still have to adjust some examples. i tried hard to keep the new version backward compatible so the new version should not have impacts on the syntax of previous controlP5 versions.
best,
andi
Reply #26 - Sep 14th, 2007, 3:52am

Looking good! Thanks! Like the new colour scheme, very shmick.

I'll have to go and have a look through and see what has changed.  Any word on the textfield question I had a few posts above ?
Reply #27 - Sep 14th, 2007, 4:50am

hey tom,
take a look at the controlP5textfield example that comes with the zip inside of the library folder, the function you are looking for would be myTextfield.getText()
regarding your controlwindow question, i can currently only test on mac, and here the opening and closing of a controlwindow works fine. if you are on pc or linux could you give me a quick feedback?
Reply #28 - Sep 14th, 2007, 5:59am

sojamo wrote on Sep 14th, 2007, 4:50am:
hey tom,
take a look at the controlP5textfield example that comes with the zip inside of the library folder, the function you are looking for would be myTextfield.getText()
regarding your controlwindow question, i can currently only test on mac, and here the opening and closing of a controlwindow works fine. if you are on pc or linux could you give me a quick feedback

Thanks for the replies!

the textfield examples were brilliant, It was my fault, so that's all fixed now ( one word was all it took, hah ).

I use a PC, the controlWindow thing is hard to replecate, it happens *sometimes* but not all the time.  I think I've decided to use tabs instead, so I don't think it will be a problem, but yes, it would only really happen on my vista machine, when I opened a third window

Main Window -> opens a controlWindow1.  
controlWindow1 has a button which opens controlWindow2. Window 2 is the one that loads up in a tiny square.

Strange!
Reply #29 - Sep 14th, 2007, 7:28am

hello sojamo,

cool new version!

but it is (almost) the same with the 'knob' example.

when i click on a knob they sometimes disappear, but always freeze the applet.
the error message reads:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)

any idea?

i am working on a macbook.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 17