We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentCore,  Processing Development Environment (PDE) › Notes on building for SunOS/Solaris
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Notes on building for SunOS/Solaris (Read 1699 times)
Notes on building for SunOS/Solaris
Aug 31st, 2006, 11:25pm

Just some hints for others out there building PDE for SunOS/Solaris;

I got it to work using the instructions on this site referring to using the 'build/linux' directrory.  I did need to download the latest version (1.22) of jikes from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jikes and built-and compiled it as per the directions.

I dropped the compiled jikes directory into the 'build/linux/work' directory.

I then removed the java directory from there, and made a symlink from '/usr/java/jre' to 'java'.

I then ran the make.sh script, as per the regular directions.

One other change after that was that the 'processing' script in 'build/linux/work' needed to be minorly changed so that it was run with the shell '/bin/bash'.

Then it runs swimmingly!  Cheesy

One question though;  I attempted to run some of the included sketches, but any of them that referenced the function framerate() weren't happy with that.  (This is with the current subversion release as of right now, 2442 (it says its processing version 0116 Beta)  I assume this is just because it's a development version...  thoughts?
Re: Notes on building for SunOS/Solaris
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2006, 4:20pm

great, thanks for posting.

the issue with framerate() is that it's going to be called frameRate() (capital R) in future releases, so the development version is using that syntax. (this will mirror the frameCount internal variable and gives better consistency with the rest of the api).
Re: Notes on building for SunOS/Solaris
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2006, 5:23pm

Gotcha.  I figured it was something like that. Smiley

Keep up the great work.  Cheesy
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1