We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › Making a new library - help plz :)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Making a new library - help plz :) (Read 948 times)
Making a new library - help plz :)
Nov 14th, 2005, 6:21am

Hi everyone,

I've started to create a basic library, however I'm having a few problems and I was just hoping I could get a few answers here (I've tried searching the forums but couldnt find anything too relevant). Ive tried looking at existing user-submitted libraries, but I was unable to find any source code for them.

Firstly, I'm using eclipse 3.1.1, blackdown java jre 1.4.2-02, linux and processing 095. Im basically looking for a little more indepth how-to for making a basic library that does something (even if just a printout when the object is made).

I have a eclipse project:
Code:

workspace/myproject/library/main.java (Main method to init library)
workspace/myproject/library/mylibrary.java (My library)
workspace/myproject/library/lib/core.jar (putting it here for my own convienience mainly)

My library file is an exact replica of the example in how.txt (ie. public BoringLibrary). It imports processing.core.*;

So that's where I am currently, but I have no idea where to go from here. In my main class ive tried making a new object of "BoringLibrary" but Im not sure what should be in the constructor, since its param is of type PApplet. Can anyone give me a little help of how i can make an application from this library that I can run through eclipse? Sorry if my questions are very noobish, but hopefully once i get past these formalities i can get down and dirty with a functional library Smiley

Thanks in advance.
Re: Making a new library - help plz :)
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2005, 6:30pm

Quote:
Ive tried looking at existing user-submitted libraries, but I was unable to find any source code for them.

The Core Libraries are included with the Processing software. In the Processing-XXXX directory, navigate the the "libraries" folder and check inside.
Re: Making a new library - help plz :)
Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2005, 8:46pm

Ah i have been looking at these but have found them a little overly complex for beginning a library. I'll try look into them in more detail then.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1