We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › Libraries in devlopment
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Libraries in devlopment (Read 2619 times)
Libraries in devlopment
Oct 8th, 2005, 4:30pm

I thought it might be good to have a thread where people post which libraries they are developing at the moment to encourager collaboration or people to see whats not being developed.

I'm working on developing a video capture library for JMF to try to get around the VDIG speed issues. Although i do keep on getting distracted by other projects...
Re: Libraries in devlopment
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2005, 5:32pm

in fact, feel free to start a new thread for each.. that's what this forum is for, so it can't hurt. would be good to see what people are working on because as you say, it'd encourage others to get involved or help provide more support.
Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2005, 7:13pm

I'm not working on a library at the moment, but I am looking for someone interested in porting my JTablet plugin for reading tablet pressure (and tilt, angle, etc.) to Mac OS X.  I am also looking for a completed Linux port (there is a codebase for one, incomplete), or perhaps porting this to be JTablet compatible.

Marcello
Re: Libraries in development
Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2005, 3:33am

I was more imagining that this could be a thread for people to announce libraries in development and then new threads could be started to actually collaborate on them. I guess i was thinking that a single thread for would be useful as a quick way to check if someone else was working on a library you were thinking about so that you could either chose to work with them or work on something different.
Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2005, 3:39am

cello wrote on Oct 8th, 2005, 7:13pm:
am looking for someone interested in porting my JTablet plugin for reading tablet pressure (and tilt, angle, etc.) to Mac OS X.

I would have thought it would be nice to include in this library the https://java-synaptics.dev.java.net [java synaptics] stuff for the windows laptop users out there.
Reply #5 - Oct 24th, 2005, 10:06am

hallo Meredith,
Quote:
I'm working on developing a video capture library for JMF to try to get around the VDIG speed issues. Although i do keep on getting distracted by other projects...

i am working in same direction and also implement some
avi recording from webcam and/or processin output...
do u have some improvment???
my basic work beggin whit http://www.mutong.com/fischer/java/usbcam/ source code

thetoad
Reply #6 - Oct 24th, 2005, 11:28am

Meir Shahar was doing a JMF implementation for ALPHA, he had problems with his hoster, so I am hosting it: http://www.dr3.de/processing/JMFlib/

He is ok with that...
Reply #7 - Oct 28th, 2005, 9:17am

thanks beachmeat,
very userfull.
Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2005, 1:54pm

i did fast port of Meir Shahar JMFlib to beta vesion...
is working...
lower cpu tilisation tha original Capture lib + WinVIDG under windows but for now i still have huge latency problem...

post soon a beta version port if some one is intersted!!!

+ i want implement straming protocol...
& save to avi (or mov) function

try to make complitly compatible whit standar video lib
for fast porting ov pde source code

thetoad
Reply #9 - Oct 28th, 2005, 2:11pm

RockNRoll!
Very nice, save to avi sounds good! Maybe talk to Meir, he for sure has some hints on this one.
Another Question - why do we have to use Vdig? Is there no way to talk to the devices via WDM driver/DirectX?

What is "huge" in terms of latency?
Reply #10 - Oct 28th, 2005, 10:26pm

I can acces direct to vfw driver directly whit JMF is not a problem.

but whit original Video (capture) lib i have to use Vdig.

just finish to implement Meir lib to exact sintax of video lib
on processin version beta 0.93v

just somme more check and i post a link this week-end

huge video latency is ... 300-400 ms ... 8-10 frames at 25 fps

small video latency is 2 or less frames (80ms) at 25 fps

ciao

thetoad

PS where i can find Meir ?? Wink
Reply #11 - Nov 17th, 2005, 4:39pm

hey toad
i'll add my voice as someone who's wanting to get their grubby paws on this.
have been trying blindly to make head and tails of jmf, and i think this could be very beneficial to the community if we can see some kind of speed improvement

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1