We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Block Indentation (Read 826 times)
Block Indentation
Oct 21st, 2005, 2:17am

This is a feature i've been missing for a while. I finally decided to post about it. I like how in some editors you can select a few lines of text and press command-] or [ to indent or de-indent them. It's really useful for when you have a long for loop and then you nest it inside an if and saves you for having to tab each line individually.
Re: Block Indentation
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2005, 11:03am

I very strongly agree to this one.
Furthermore the undo is a pain, undoing ever letter you typed instead of using " " as a "split-sign".
These two are imo the biggest flaws of the editor - but then again - you can use Eclipse if you really dont like it, or any other editor...
Re: Block Indentation
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2005, 8:21pm

True, maybe as we outgrow the P5 interface we should be switching to an ide like eclipse or something. Problem is, I still haven't found an ide i like as much as P5.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1