We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Newbie with export problems
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Newbie with export problems (Read 1687 times)
Newbie with export problems
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:37pm

I have created a very simple program in Process and it works just peachy in the native environment, but when I export it, all that displays is a white square.

The program can be seen at http://www.kathyevans.biz/sprojects/index.html and of course the code is linked from there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

KRE

Re: Newbie with export problems
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2005, 1:00am

Have you included the ttf file in the data dir?
Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2005, 1:03am

I just unpacked your .jar and couldn't find it. Create a data dir for your sketch and then refer to createFont(), or loadFont() in reference section, for what you need to include.
Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2005, 1:04am

see also the description of common problems in the faq:
http://processing.org/faq/bugs.html#applet
Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2005, 4:10pm

Thanks for all the suggestions... alas none of them solved the problem. If you have any other ideas I'm willing to try.

KRE
Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2005, 5:20pm

Have you tried emptying the browser cache to ensure that your running the latest version of your code containing the additional font files.
Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2005, 5:24pm

Just unpacked your latest jar. The problem is that your .ttf file needs to go in a directory named data, which you create by selecting show sketch folder and then create a dir. Move the .ttf into it and all should be well.

Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2005, 11:21pm

Thanks Mark, but like I've stated before the ttf is sitting very prettily in it's little data directory, but it still isn't working. : (

Is there some place on the webserver specifically that these files need to go. Do I just upload them as they generate when exported? Can they work within another directory? I don't understand why it can't find the file.

Thanks for everyone's help... have to turn this in tomorrow.

Kathy
Reply #8 - Sep 8th, 2005, 11:32pm

Stick it back up on the web, and I'll have a go!
Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2005, 12:20am

I have the same difficulty.  Whenever I make a change to the program and save it under the same filename, the console's classloader cache has to be cleared to see the changes.  Is there a way to see the changes without exporting under a different name or manually clearing the cache?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1