We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Processing at AllAbout
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing at AllAbout (Read 1799 times)
Processing at AllAbout
Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:37pm

Hello.  

I've been following Processing for a while and think it is (superlative, superlative, superlative).  

I run a (non-profit, no advertising) site called AllAbout, and I would like to offer space there for the development of a Processing-centric resource.  AllAbout uses a technology similar to Wikis in that you can edit content online, however it has far superior organizational and navigational capabilities.

I have created a base page for Processing at allabout.com/processing which as you will see has absolutely nothing on it except an empty list of articles about Processing, and an "add" button.  

Like many things, the Processing site would start out small, just as a list of articles, perhaps with sample code or tips for doing interesting things.  As it grows, articles can be organized and categorized in any concievable way using AllAbout's library system.

I haven't had time to play with Processing much myself, mostly spending my time working on the AllAbout engine, but one of my personal goals is to quit my job and to spend my time making huge art murals using Processing... so I am definitely an interested party, not just some guy who wants to grab headspace, so Please, I don't want to start a fight about "who hosts the Processing web site", I just want to provide the only sort of help I can right now.

Thanks for your consideration.  If you have any questions about AllAbout or how to use the site, the email address I provided here is good forever.

Sean Puckett
Re: Processing at AllAbout
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2005, 9:02am

Hello,
What's up Casey?!  
I've been following the work of Casey and Ben for about a year now and have developed a strong interest in what they have been pursuing, as well as other forms of media art.  I am as student at the Maryland Institute College of Art in Baltimore pursuing a degree in interactive media.  I have been spending a lot of time researching interactive tech and theory, as well as design, and proggramming, but haven't been doing enough sketching, which is why I am here.  I'm really excited about this community and am looking forward to talking with everyone.

C
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1