FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Suggestions
   Website, Reference, Example Suggestions
(Moderator: REAS)
   CVS style code exchange
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: CVS style code exchange  (Read 486 times)
dlb

Email
CVS style code exchange
« on: Oct 8th, 2003, 10:50pm »

Exhibition & Examples pages are for code examples and discourse for code sharing as well, but I guess it would be useful and interesting to have smth like cvs in proce55ing site, so that when someone puts it's code piece and example in exhibition area, then for others it's possible to paste their interpreattions and upgrade of code, and in that way share ideas and exchange code examples of older versions of code.

REAS

Re: CVS style code exchange
« Reply #1 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 7:21am »

Can you please elaborate on your ideas. I'm not sure I understand the suggestion.

+ Casey

dlb

Email
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10th, 2003, 6:18am »

Well, let's say someone put's their proce55ing example and code in exhibition, so that other can see it, download source code and play with it for a while and sometimes after playing around with someones source code, could come up with interesting ideas and I guess it would be useful to have possibility to post let's say under Sonic Wire Sculptor by Amit Pitaru my modifications, so that it could interface with handheld device (just an example). I guess word CVS in subject confuses, but idea was, that under one exhibition peace could be posted more than one example and source code by other developers.

benelek

35160983516098 WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10th, 2003, 9:49am »

why can't you do that the way the board is configured now? do you mean that there should be a way to mark threads with the number of code responses, as opposed to comment responses?

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »