FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   Install Processing
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Install Processing  (Read 506 times)
Kavin

Install Processing
« on: Sep 6th, 2004, 5:26am »

Hi, I have installed the Processing 1.0_ALPHA_ over the PC with Windows XP, but the 'display window' can not be seen when I ran examples,I don't know how to fix this.Is anybody here can help me ?
The installing procedures I applied were summarized as follows:
1. Install Java2 Runtime Environment j2re-1_4_2_05
2. Install QuickTime 6.5.1 with the option selection for Java in custom install.  
3. Install processing 1.0_ALPHA_
4. Run Processing and the embedded examples, and...nothing happen !

Kavin

Re: Install Processing
« Reply #1 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 4:53pm »

I have fixed the problem, the solution is to move the unzipped folder of Processing to the root of driver C:\

gdunne

gdnne WWW
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10th, 2004, 10:39pm »

It's due to the fact that in the win32 file system has spaces in the directory 'Program Files.' You can't have a space in the p5 install path -- it sometimes (usually) causes issues.

http://quilime.com
ycc

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12th, 2004, 9:25pm »

Hi,
    Actually I encountered the similar problem when launching Processing.  I use MAC OS X and I tried to embedded example in the interface but nothing happened!  And here comes a text on the bottom of the interface:
    java.io.FileNotFoundException
    sketchbook/default/sketch_040912a/sketch_040912a.pde(No such filr or directory).  Could someone tell me how to fix it  Thanks a lot!
    BTW, could someone tell me how to post a message to the forum  I am new here

on Sep 6th, 2004, 5:26am, Kavin wrote:
Hi, I have installed the Processing 1.0_ALPHA_ over the PC with Windows XP, but the 'display window' can not be seen when I ran examples,I don't know how to fix this.Is anybody here can help me
The installing procedures I applied were summarized as follows:
1. Install Java2 Runtime Environment j2re-1_4_2_05
2. Install QuickTime 6.5.1 with the option selection for Java in custom install.  
3. Install processing 1.0_ALPHA_
4. Run Processing and the embedded examples, and...nothing happen !

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »