FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Programming Questions & Help
   Programs
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   bug, but it isnt?
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: bug, but it isnt?  (Read 493 times)
Steve

nerdytone WWW Email
bug, but it isnt?
« on: Oct 30th, 2003, 5:30am »

ok p5 was running fine for a while, then i installed amit's tablet support and the jsyn plugin. now when i preview the applet in p5 it opens a sun java window instead of the processing one, and ALL mouse interactions are non functioning. Sometimes when i start it up it just freezes altogether. I was also having the problem of not being able to see jsyn applets(besides the sonic wire sculpture which worked right away) until i reinstalled sun java. But i still get the same problems within processing.  

To get a better idea, when I use amit's wacom example, the circle and line are created at 0,0 because mouse interaction doesn't work at all, but the tilt and pressure still work. And any program I write with jsyn cannot use the mouse as an input. I'm pretty sure everything is installed in the right place, i mean it's not that difficult. Any help is appriciated!

-steve

pitaru

WWW Email
e: bug, but it isnt?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 1:54pm »

Steve, you're scaring people away from my code

so far, i have not come across this behavior on other machines. let's hope it is a singularity.  

i think you should update the wacom driver to the latest one. also, try using v67, as v66 had a wierdness with redirecting debug info. also, try erasing the jwintab_vs.dll file from the sketch and main processing folder (basically, uninstall my code). if it persists, i would also re-install the java runtime- just in case.

cheers,
-amit

pitaru

WWW Email
Re: bug, but it isnt?
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 3:58pm »

one more thing, perhaps not related but worth mentioning - make sure that the dll is in the project's code folder. i've just updated the zip package on http://pitaru.com/jwintab_v2 , which until now had the dll in the sketch folder instead.  

-amit

Steve

nerdytone WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 10:12pm »

it gives me an error with sonia.jar frequently and i redownloaded it like 5 times. the wacom worked once, but then never again haha. so ill try your suggestions and pray.

Steve

nerdytone WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 2:40am »

well good news, i uninstalled the sun java runtime and now it works fine. good stuff.

Steve

nerdytone WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 3:52pm »

hmm, reinstalling sjre gives me the problems again. so i cant view any jsyn applets in the browser, but they work from p5. any ideas, anyone?

gll

WWW Email
Re: e: bug, but it isnt?
« Reply #6 on: Feb 3rd, 2004, 6:13am »

on Oct 30th, 2003, 1:54pm, pitaru wrote:
so far, i have not come across this behavior on other machines. let's hope it is a singularity.

I got the same problem. I didn't tryed to Uninstall java runtime but it worked one time with the sketch found on www.beyondthree.com by koser.

The jWinTab project is a great part of proce55ing and I would like to help to understand why it doesn't work on my system. It seems to be the same as Steve. (I had the problem with Sonia, but it works better with Sonia - The problem seems to be the INIT and the EXIT for Sonia).

I checked the code on Jun Rekimoto. Maybe it's too complex for me at this time, but I wish to come back one time on this code.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2004, 6:14am by gll »  

guillaume LaBelle
Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »