FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Bugs
   Software Bugs
(Moderator: fry)
   Processing main-class missing?
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Processing main-class missing?  (Read 2417 times)
Christopher

Processing main-class missing?
« on: Jan 17th, 2005, 12:54am »

I just downloaded the Windows standard version of processing. When i start the processing.exe i get an error: "java virtual machine launcher: couldn't find the main class. program will exit!"  

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

ubik

Re: Processing main-class missing?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15th, 2005, 2:50pm »

I have the same problem, i'm on windows Xp SP2, the processing folder is in the root of c: and contain no ascii character. I have the 0.68 standard version

fry

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15th, 2005, 2:53pm »

have you installed quicktime for java instructions here:
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb/board_Proce55ing_software__bugs_action_display_num_1085150136.html

ubik

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:11am »

Hello, thanks for the tip.  
I tried to update quicktime to install java for quicktime but it says that the file is corrupted. So i find QTjava.zip but i don't know where to decompress it to make it work.  
I tried installing it in the plugin directory in the quicktime folder, i also tried in the quicktime folder in system32. any clues ?
Thanks
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:12am by ubik »  
fry

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 4:41pm »

on Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:11am, ubik wrote:
Hello, thanks for the tip.  
I tried to update quicktime to install java for quicktime but it says that the file is corrupted. So i find QTjava.zip but i don't know where to decompress it to make it work.  
I tried installing it in the plugin directory in the quicktime folder, i also tried in the quicktime folder in system32. any clues
Thanks

the link i pointed you at has directions for qtjava.zip. second item from the bottom.

but if that fails, you need to figure out why quicktime is not installing, since that's the root of your problem.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »