FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Bugs
   Software Bugs
(Moderator: fry)
   v68: code folder bug
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 2 3 
   Author  Topic: v68: code folder bug  (Read 3348 times)
19hrs

Email
v68: code folder bug
« on: Feb 13th, 2004, 2:34pm »

hello,

Ive got a problem with adding a code folder to a project, when I add it, it gives me this:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no QTJava in java.library.path

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1403)

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:78

at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:832)

at quicktime.jdirect.JDirectLinker$1.run(JDirectLinker.java:266)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

Using winXPpro, rev 68

19hrs!
http://newsnewsnewsnews.net
fry

Re: v68: code folder bug
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13th, 2004, 7:22pm »

we'll fix this, but in the meantime, try adding qtjava.zip to your code folder as well. it should be in c:\windows\system32 on winxp (or just search for qtjava.zip on your machine).

19hrs

Email
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14th, 2004, 6:56pm »

thanks for the quick reply

tried adding the QTJava.zip to the code folder, but it doesnt change anything..

19hrs!
fry

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14th, 2004, 7:15pm »

hm, how about adding qtjava.dll and qtjavanative.dll (from the same location) to the code folder as well?

19hrs

Email
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14th, 2004, 7:44pm »

hey,that does the trick..
thanks a bunch.

19hrs!
ry0n

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14th, 2004, 5:55am »

hello,

this still appears to be a problem on mac osx (10.3).  when i add the 'code' folder into the 'sketch' folder for a sketch that tries to load a quicktime video, i get the following error message :

<snip>
couldn't get a QuickTime movie from file:///applications/Processing%2068/lib/build/surfing.mov

quicktime.std.StdQTException[QTJava:6.1.0g1],-2012=invalidDataRef,QT.vers:6408000
 at quicktime.std.movies.Movie.fromDataRef(Movie.java:337)
 at BVideo.,init.(BVideo.java:181)
 at BApplet.loadVideo(BApplet.java:1085)
 at Temporary_3368_6389.setup(Temporary_3368_6389.java:53)
</snip>

i added qtava.zip to the sketch's code folder (even though the error message differs from the error message already noted in this thread) to see if that would help things.  it didn't change anything.  mac osx doesn't appear to have the items qtjava.dll nor qtjavanative.dll.

any help here would be hugely appreciated!

-r

fry

« Reply #6 on: Mar 15th, 2004, 4:07pm »

actually, that looks like a different error from the pc problem. it's complaining that it can't find your movie. have you put a copy of surfing.mov into the 'data' folder so that it can be read? (it has to be inside the data folder, not the sketch folder itself)

ry0n

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19th, 2004, 8:08pm »

thanks for your help.

surfing.mov in the right place for the video library to work.  when i remove the code folder from the dev_soundmeter_modify_video folder, playing the qt video works.  as soon as i add a code folder back in, i get this error message.

it __is__ a different error than the pc problem, but similar in that the root cause is related to the presence of a code folder in the project's folder.  the presence of a folder named 'code' appears to be the minimal requirement to produce this error.

here is the file directory that's causing the error message :

macintosh_hd
  +applications
    +processing_68
      +sketchbook
        +default
          +dev_soundmeter_modify_video
            +code
              jSynClasses.jar
              libJSynV142.jnilib
              QTJava.zip
              sonia_v2_5.jar
            +data
              surfing3.mov
            dev__soundmeter_modify_video.pde
            history.gz
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2004, 8:09pm by ry0n »  
fry

« Reply #8 on: Mar 20th, 2004, 12:55am »

hm, that stinks.. so it sounds like maybe you need to try the same thing as the windows version--place the .jnilib and qtjava.zip into your code folder.  

unfortunately, i don't know where the .jnilib for qtjava (maybe it's named something else? anyone have clues?). the qtjava.zip file is in /System/Library/Extensions, though it seems to be loading that for you just fine.

mattgilbert

tangramkid WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 9:23pm »

i seem to be having the same problem with mac os 10.3 when I try to add serial stuff to a project using sonia (and hence the code folder). This time it is the same error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no Serial in java.library.path thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no Serial in java.library.path
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1491)
 at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:78
 at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834)
 at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.<clinit>(CommPortIdentifier.java:83)

I have seen a few fixes for windows platforms, involving moving several files into the code folder, but couldn't find those files or files which might be parallel files.

any ideas?

matt

fry

« Reply #10 on: Apr 13th, 2004, 7:49pm »

try copying libSerial.jnilib from the Processing folder into the 'code' folder of your sketch.

mattgilbert

tangramkid WWW Email
Re: v68 (also 69): code folder bug
« Reply #11 on: Apr 15th, 2004, 5:44am »

i tried moving the libSerial.jnilib file into the code folder, and it still doesn't work.

It doesn't pass any errors, but it doesn't get signals from the serial anymore. If I open another sketch that uses serial and doesn't use sonia, it gets the serial signals fine. So under the same circumstances (serial device plugged in, correct serial port selected in menu bar, etc.) the one with serial and Sonia (and the libSerial.jnilib file moved to the code folder) doesn't work while the one with serial and no sonia doesn't.

I tried moving other random files into the code folder to no avail. Also, I tried this with version 68 as well as 69. Same results.

Is anyone else doing sound and serial stuff together on a mac os x machine? Am I the only one getting these problems?

Thanks for all your responses and help.

Matt

fry

« Reply #12 on: Apr 15th, 2004, 11:45pm »

perhaps moving RXTXcomm.jar from lib as well then?

mattgilbert

tangramkid WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 12:57am »

I don't have RXTXcomm.jar in my lib folder. Or anywhere else on my hard drive. Should I?

Here's a list of what's in my lib folder:

about.jpg
icon.gif  
pde_macosx.properties
build (folder)  
netscape (folder)
sketch.properties
buttons.gif  
pde.properties
export (folder)  
pde_keywords.properties

RXTXcomm.jar isn't in any subdirectories of lib either. Are you thinking of a different platform?

Matt

fry

« Reply #14 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 5:21am »

yup, on osx you should have a file called RXTXcomm.jar in your lib folder. if not, that could hose things pretty good. perhaps download a fresh copy and at least copy the RXTXcomm.jar over?

Pages: 1 2 3 

« Previous topic | Next topic »