FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Suggestions
   Software Suggestions
(Moderator: fry)
   processing:\\ links
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: processing:\\ links  (Read 432 times)
rgovostes

rgovostes
processing:\\ links
« on: Feb 17th, 2004, 2:31am »

On sketch pages exported from Processing, a link to the .pde file is provided. However, this isn't too useful - if the browser or server does not identify it as a text file, it is downloaded and you cannot open it with Processing without manually creating a sketch folder for it.

It would be handy to have Processing accept "processing:\\" links which specify the root directory of a Processing applet, from which it downloads the /data directory and .pde file into a temporary sketch (perhaps a "web" sketchbook should be added for this).

Since I don't think data files are uploaded, you might have to download the .jar file and .pde files and extract the /data stuff from the archive.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2004, 2:35am by rgovostes »  
kevinP

Email
Re: processing:\\ links
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17th, 2004, 9:54am »

on Feb 17th, 2004, 2:31am, rgovostes wrote:
On sketch pages exported from Processing, a link to the .pde file is provided. However, this isn't too useful - if the browser or server does not identify it as a text file, it is downloaded...

Interesting. On my browsers (Mozilla-Firebird, Konqueror) it opens as a text file, (which is nice).

Kevin Pfeiffer
benelek

35160983516098 WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18th, 2004, 2:39pm »

if you are forced to download the pde file (rather than open it in your browser), are you able to open it using a text editor (such as notepad)?

rgovostes

rgovostes
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18th, 2004, 5:21pm »

Well, I use a Mac most of the time, and Safari's behavior varies - I think it depends on the server's content-type settings.

When downloaded, they try to open with Processing, but it just ignores the file. To view source, I have to drop it into TextEdit or BBEdit.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »