FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Topics & Contributions
   Sound
(Moderators: pitaru, REAS)
   Realtime sound synth and 10.5.3
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Realtime sound synth and 10.5.3  (Read 621 times)
bren

WWW Email
Realtime sound synth and 10.5.3
« on: Oct 14th, 2004, 5:53pm »

I'm not having any joy with Sonia 2.8 and LiveOutput on a Mac G5 10.5.3, processing 068.

When I try any of the examples on the sonia site (either as an applet or in Processing) the sound gets muted straight away. Then rather weirdly the output setting on my Mac gets switched to Digital Out! In the editor I get this error:

PaOSX_HandleOutput: AudioConverterFillBuffer failed

Any ideas?

pitaru

WWW Email
Re: Realtime sound synth and 10.5.3
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 3:21pm »

I'm not really sure Bren. Have you updated OS-X in any way lately? If so, was it working on the same machine before?

amit

rgovostes

rgovostes
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 9:28pm »

10.5.3? That's a good two years off, at the least. Do you mean 10.3.5 (the latest version)?

bren

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16th, 2004, 12:21pm »

yeah sorry 10.3.5. Amit - I've only tried it on the G5 - I'll get back to you after trying on a few other machines

bren

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 2:01pm »

It works fine on my iBook G4 running the same OS - 10.3.5. Is it possible that it's something to do with the digital outs? It seems like it is actually working on the G5 but it mutes the sound straight away because the output gets switched to digital out.

pitaru

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 4:44am »

I don't have a g5 here so i'm in the dark on this one. i'll have to get my hands on one this week and test it out. the best clue so far is that error- AudioConverterFillBuffer failed  

can you please create a simple sonia example and see what triggers the error? for example - does it still show up with just the Sonia.start(this) command? what happens if you lower the sample rate like so Sonia.start(this,11025)?

amit

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »