FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Topics & Contributions
   Sound
(Moderators: pitaru, REAS)
   problems with getSpectrum()
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: problems with getSpectrum()  (Read 460 times)
adm

problems with getSpectrum()
« on: Sep 19th, 2004, 1:15am »

Hi,

I recently got a new laptop and haven't yet managed to successfully run any applets using getSpectrum() on it yet. It runs all the sample playback and realtime synthesis examples at the Sonia website just fine both in the browser and compiled in the Processing environment. However, running applets with getSpectrum() do not work. When I take the code and paste it into Processing, it usually crashes a couple frames in.

I just successfully got some FFT readings by making the most stripped down getSpectrum-based applet ever:
Code:

void setup(){
   framerate(1);
   size(200,200);
   Sonia.start(this);
   LiveInput.start(1);
}

void loop(){
   LiveInput.getSpectrum();
   println(LiveInput.spectrum[0]);
}

This successfully printed frequency readings in the console output window, but when my cursor was moved over the applet window, it turned to an hourglass cursor. When I clicked the close box, I got a Program Not Responding dialog box.

I'm running Processing 68 with the latest version of Sonia. All this stuff always works fine on my desktop. Any idea what's going wrong?

pitaru

WWW Email
Re: problems with getSpectrum()
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29th, 2004, 5:57am »

Hello Aaron, sorry for the late response. have you tried running this example on your laptop?
http://www.pitaru.com/sonia/examples/LiveInput/index.html

let me know how it fairs both through the browser and as a local application (copy the source into a new sonia project).

amit

adm

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29th, 2004, 6:59pm »

hey amit,

yeah... i tried all of the examples on the Sonia website. The sample playback and synthesis examples work fine. that one (getSpectrum) does not (locally or in a webpage).

-Aaron

pitaru

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 5:16pm »

I've never encountered this problem before. Does the machine output an error message?

amit

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »