FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   Community, Collaboration, Status
(Moderator: REAS)
   Status 2 September 04
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Status 2 September 04  (Read 935 times)
fry

Status 2 September 04
« on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 7:48pm »

after casey's departure from boston, megabucket got another week's work before it had to be put in the freezer for a bit while casey and i returned to our other deadlines and our work to pay the rent. unfortunately this was further delayed by a short vacation, personal obligations, and a family emergency that slurped up most of august.  

with that complete, casey is now roving europe as a traveling salesman for processing and his own interactive wares. back stateside i've started a new job, meaning that my schedule will return to being a little more predictable, and work on megabucket has begun again this week so if i can keep myself away from coverage of the republican convention in new york i'll be emotionally stable enough to make good progress in the near future.  

still no word on the open source thing from MIT.. this is getting a little annoying.  

i'll try to get a status update out late next week as things get moving..

previous status:
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb/board_Collaboration_action__display_num_1090171326.html

cello

marcello3d WWW
Re: Status 2 September 04
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12th, 2004, 7:28pm »

Is there some sort of list somewhere that lists what the new features in megabucket over alpha 68?  I just started using Processing a few days ago and have seen many things that could be improved/added on, but I also noticed that many features have been suggested and implemented or planned to be implemented by browsing these forums.

It would be helpful to see what has been added (and a list of currently undocumented functions, for that matter), so one can make relevant suggestions.

In any case, I must congratulate you guys on a wonderful program thus far, and I will be following its development with great interest, now.

Marcello

fry

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13th, 2004, 5:03pm »

hm, i haven't had a chance to make up a full list yet.. a lot of it is described in the last couple status reports i think.  

the largest things will be 1) BApplet etc become PApplet 2) multiple files (via tabs) will be allowed 3) better support for external libraries 4) no requirement to install quicktime for java unless you use video 5) lots of miscellaneous api tweaks/additions that will be the near-final api for 1.0.  

see also the "suggestions" board for things that i've noted will be / or have been added to megabucket/0070.

cello

marcello3d WWW
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13th, 2004, 6:24pm »

Sounds good.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »