FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Bugs
   Bug Fixes, Implemented Suggestions
(Moderator: fry)
   0065: processing ate my sketch!
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: 0065: processing ate my sketch!  (Read 867 times)
rgovostes

rgovostes
0065: processing ate my sketch!
« on: Oct 5th, 2003, 12:29am »

Under Mac OS 10.3, Processing ate my sketch after trying to change the capitalization of the name. It spat out "java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/ryang/Desktop/Processing 65/sketchbook/default/vine/vine.pde (No such file or directory", followed by a long list of error codes (which, for some reason, I cannot copy to here).

Instead of being renamed, the sketch was deleted. Aww

fry

Re: 0065: processing ate my sketch!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 1:41am »

aww shite. ok. i'll fix this asap, since bugs that destroy code are of highest priority.  

the problem is that it's trying to rename, and the os doesn't like renaming to something that's the same--since macosx is case insensitive, but case preserving. and then, having failed the rename, it tries to remove the sketch with the old name. oops.

fry

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 6:52pm »

k, the fix for this guy was delayed, but i've just repaired it for 66, which will hopefully be out this weekend.

indigo

« Reply #3 on: May 5th, 2004, 9:03am »

Using 0068 Alpha in OS X sketch disappeared completely, including history files. "Out of space on device" was error before the program quit. Upon opening program again, the file name was there but no code. The first time I could retreive it from the history, but when I tried to run it again, it quit again and all of that was lost. I couldnt find any temp or autosave or anything in history.gz... It was running on a pretty slow iBook with 256 MB ram, but plenty of hard drive space. As far as I can see, there's no sign of said sketch anywhere...

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »