how can i set game icon(which is app icon)?

edited February 2017 in Android Mode

how can i set game icon(which is app icon)?

Answers

• edited February 2017

Edit: didn't see that this was an Android question. My answer may not be relevant. If not, check out the Wallpaper section of the Android Reference documentation: http://android.processing.org/reference/index.html

game wallpaper

Do you mean a background image? Use background():

Here is a background image with cursor-controlled red square on top:

PImage img;
    void setup(){
      size(512,512);
      img = loadImage("https://processing.org/img/processing3-logo.png");
    }
    void draw(){
      background(img);
      fill(255,0,0);
      rect(mouseX-50,mouseY-50,100,100);
    }

• Actually, I asked wrong question. The question is how can i set game icon(which is app icon)?

• Setting custom icons

Android mode uses a set of default launcher icons for the app. You should use your own icons for release by creating the files icon-32, 48, 72, 96, 144, and 192 in .PNG format, and placing them in the sketch's folder before exporting the signed package. Follow the icon design guidelines from Google in order to create your icons.

• i didnt understand how to do

• edited February 2017

There should be an easy way

• edited February 2017

Hi guys, I tried last night to setup the icon and I did it by putting my icon in the sketch folder (pressing ctrl+k). the way to do it:

[1] Design your icon.

[2] Then generate the following icons from your original icon and make sure you save it as a .png file type. Generate 6 icons with the following resolutions in pixels:

192x192

180x180

96x96 72x72

48x48

36x36

[3] Names those icons as icon-36.png

icon-48.png

icon-72.png

icon-96.png

icon-180.png

icon-192.png

(I am guessing the name convention follow the manifest... for somebody to test)

[4]Move these files into the sketch folder (no the data folder).

[5]Compile your project and check your new app icon.

I hope this helps,

Kf

This is what you posted. ın the 4. step where should ı move files into the sketch folder if it is not data folder ?

@kfrajer

• Answer ✓

Related to point 4, store your images inside the sketch folder. Press ctrl+k in the processing IDE to open the sketch folder. It is there where the icon images need to be located before you compile your app.

Kf

• it is changed.. thank you :)